Chapter Sixty-Two

Emilia

The remainder of the week deemed to be very busy for Aubrey. Being that he had no intentions of letting me out of his sight, I was right there with him through it all. He had some of his closest friends over to listen to his new mixtape with Future. We flew to Toronto the next day to visit Sandi before heading down to DC for his performance at the Landmark Music Festival. Any downtime I had was spent preparing for the taping of The Ellen Show in two short days. I had asked Courtne put something together for me to wear. She was great with clothes and styling. That was her thing. I had also decided that I wanted to perform an acoustic version of Masterpiece, unlike the original. Being that this interview was all about getting to know me, I wanted to make the performance more personal and raw. I ran the idea by Aubrey and he thought it'd go over well. It was such short notice, for me to find someone to play guitar for me. I mean, I could do it but signing live was enough. Trying to remember the chords would only stress me out even more. Fortunately, Aubrey was sweet enough to call up his friend, musical director and guitarist Adrian X, who was very excited about doing the job. That was one less thing I had to worry about.

We returned back to Hidden Hills on Sunday. He broadcasted OVOSound live from the Yolo Estate, where he debuted What A Time To Be Alive to the world. The internet was going insane. The guys celebrated. Drinks poured up; herb filling the air. It was a good time, but I made sure I was in bed in time to get enough rest for tomorrow. I needed to look and sound amazing. Adrian had come by earlier in the day to practice at my request in attempt to ease my nerves.

The next morning Courtne met me at Aubrey's with everything she had picked out for me in tow. Joseph came to pick us up per Aubrey's request and drove us to NBC Studios, thirty five minutes down Highway 101. This was Courtne's first time meeting him. I introduced him as my body guard. He asked that we call him Joe for short. Of course she asked him a thousand questions, but he had a positive attitude and was happy to answer. We learned that he had a girlfriend who was his high school sweetheart. You know that had us full of awe's. He said she was an athletic trainer at a local high school; Farifax High School, where my brother attended. They moved here from their hometown of Texas. What a small world? He didn't make that connection until now, but said that his girlfriend always spoke highly of Max saying how well-mannered and talented he was. That made me feel good.

"So there are two of you?" Courtne asked.

"Yeah," he chuckled, "my brother James. He'll be working for Elena."

"He single?"

"Courtne'!"

"Not for me. I have friends that are looking."

He laughed, "No, he's not. He's dating a girl that we went to college with."

"So long distance?

"Yeah, she's living in Texas right now."

I rolled my eyes and Courtne's crazy self as we all continued to get to know each other better.

I thought I was nervous before, but arriving at the studio and seeing the set took it to a whole different level. Courtne did her best to keep the mood light and fun. The production manager led me back to my dressing room, where a large bouquet of pink roses sat on the vanity. I thought it was a nice gesture from the crew but learned differently when I read the card that came along with it.

No need to be nervous. You're amazingly beautiful and outstanding woman with so much to offer. I'm so blessed and thankful.

Love,

AG

He's so sweet. I love him. It's the little things that make him so perfect.

I sent him a quick thank you text, before hair, make-up and wardrobe took over. Courtne hit the nail on the head with my outfit. A fitted White tank top that allows my belly button to play peakaboo underneath a marled longline cardigan paired with boyfriend jeans and nude pumps. Comfortable, yet cute; I loved how it looked on me. The hairstylist left my curls fluffy, finger combing them back with little hairspray to show my face glowing with natural, fresh looking make-up. Ellen popped in a few minutes later; introducing herself and making me feel welcome. She was hilarious. Making my nerves almost nonexistent.