Chapter Three

Emilia

"That's was pretty neat," Owen said as we drove out of the Hidden Hills community, "I didn't expect Drake to be so cool, you know?"

"Yeah, he was nice. The food was great too."

"I didn't wanna seem like I was overdoing it, but I had to go back for another helping. His moms threw down," he said, "and you know it's rare that anything is better than what you were raised on."

"The wine that she served with it was paired perfectly," I remembered, "you should have seen the wine cellar that he had. It was amazing."

"Mmmhmm," he smirked, glancing over at me, "I bet it was."

"Okay. What's that supposed mean?"

"He was checking for you. It was clear as day."

"And what made you draw that conclusion?"

"Let's see. For starters, he was staring at you the entire time. Then he had that goofy ass grin on his face whenever you said something. Trust me, I'm a nigga I know these things."

"Shut-up Owen."

"What? I'm just going by what I saw."

"Well maybe you need some glasses or something-"

"So he didn't ask you for your number or nothing?"

"Why are we even talking about this?"

"So he did. Ahh haa-"

"I didn't give it to him."

"Don't tell me you hit him with that 'I have a boyfriend' line?...Let me spit some real shit to you. It's 2015...niggas don't give a damn about boyfriends. I myself kinda see that shit as a challenge."

"I'm not paying attention to you, Owen."

"You should cause your boyfriend ain't shit," he said, "I knew exactly what I was doing when I didn't go on the tour with you."

"So my love life is a game to you? You're trying to set up guys to hit on me? Why do you hate him so much? Every time you get a chance you knock him."

"Well let's see. He's a concieted, self absorbed, asshole that flirts with anything that has a pussy."

"Don't all you men do that?"

"Not when you have a good woman like you at home," he said, "you deserve better than that."

"And you think a rapper is what I need? No thank you. Jhaleel loves me okay? He's just adjusting to all these great things that's been happening to him."

"Be honest. Is it the dick or are you just hanging on to get those NBA checks?"

"Shut up," I punched his arms, "you know that's not true."

"I know your tired of me saying this, but a guy that loves you like he claims doesn't cheat on you."

"We're not going there Owen-"

"I just did."

"I'm not talking about this."

"Too bad, cause I am," he continued, "you caught the guy basically about to fuck another girl in his dorm room. Now, I don't know what he did or said to make you take him back...is it the sex? Cause he buys you shit?"

"You know I'm not that shallow you ass."

"Love is really blind, Jesus."

"That's was almost a year ago...You can't talk. You're running around with a new girl every time I turn around."