Chapter Seven

Emilia

The night was far from over. We played two games of 21; he beat me twice by two points. He didn't think I'd be as good as I was. I played when high school and still picked up things from my brother when we played one on one.

We were both pretty thristy by now and went downstairs to grab some water. All of his homeboys were in the kitchen helping themselves to Chef KayKay's leftovers. It was my first time meeting them. Ryan, O'Brien, Hush, Mark, 40, CJ, Future, Chubbs and Gelo. They were friends that he had grown up with, who now work for him and stay in this beautiful house. They were pretty cool and comical might I add.

Noah, or 40 as they liked to call him, made the suggestion for a game of pool. Future grabbed some alcohol from the cabinet and led the way. Aubrey brought in a giant hookah made with real pineapple and set it up nearby with hot coals. He turned on some music. The guys wanted to listen to his new mixtape. Future, Niko, Oliver and Mark took the first game.

"You wanna try it?" Aubrey handed me one of the mouthpieces, his thumb over the hole, "it taste really good with the fruit."

"What's in it? I can't smoke weed or anything."

He chuckled, "there's no weed in here. Just a little tobacco and water vapor. I promise. Neeks is rolling that up separately."

"Okay. I'm not trying to sound like a lame but it's a job precaution."

"I understand," he put the piece to his mouth, inhaled deeply and blew out a series of O's effortlessly.

It was kind of sexy. He was starting to become more attractive as the night went on.

I believed him. I didn't smell or see any marijuana in the contraption. I did the same as he, except I held it for a while and let it exhale slowly through my nose. It was better than I expected, you couldn't barely taste the tobacco. The pineapple made gave it a very sweet flavor.

"Okay, you know what you're doing," he nodded with a grin.

"I was raised in Cali most of my life. I'm not new to this."

We found amusement in seeing who could blow their smoke the best. He'd blow his out a little, then suck in back in and blow through his nostrils. I wasn't an expert but I had little tricks of my own. He pulled out his phone, taking a video and snapping a picture. My head was on his shoulder, the camera filter made my eye color look intense. He was laughing with me his eyes closed. It was a cool looking photo.

"You have to send me that," I said, looking over his shoulder.

"Through Instagram?"

"No. Text it to me silly."

"Oh," he raised those thick eyebrows, "so that means I can have your number?"

"That's the only way this is gonna work, right?" I laughed as Chubbs came by with a round of shots.

He handed me his phone to lock my number in. My name was already typed in the contact name space. He sent it to me. I saved the 416 number as "Drake".

"I'd prefer if you call me Aubrey," he said, obviously watching what I was doing,"everyone close to me calls me that."

"Okay," I backspaced and put what he suggested, "Aubrey it is."

"I like how that sounds with your accent," he whispered to me. That husky voice vibrating my earlobe was enough to give me a slight case of chills.

"I bet you do," I took another hit and playfully blew it in his face. We laughed as he tried to take it in through his mouth unsuccessfully.

"You're accent is pretty cool too. I like the way you pronounce your O sounds."