Chapter Eighty-Eight

Emilia

After my second and final meeting of the day, Courtne and I came back to the hotel and immediately crashed on the bed. My studio session with JR Rotem was scheduled for eight that evening. Courtne woke me up two hours before hand. We ordered room service for dinner with a glass of their best wine. We saved contract talk for later and focused on catching up as girlfriends.

She was anxious to show me pictures of her and Owen. He had taken her to a candlelit dinner at the Santa Monica Pier overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The scenery was gorgeous. It was so romantic. I loved them together. Seeing him step away from his playboy ways and court her in such a manner made me smile. Shout out to my best friend, he was stepping up.

As much as I wanted to ignore it, I couldn't get running into Jay out of my head. It's more than likely because when I woke up from my nap, I saw a third text from him asking to see me tonight after his game. I didn't reply. What do I say to that? This is a business trip for me. I don't want any drama. He has a girlfriend. I have a boyfriend. Us being around each other wouldn't do either of our relationships any good.

"Girl, he's just feenin'," Courtne said after I told her about the last text, "look at you. You're super hot, dating Aubrey who has no shame in publicly showering you with his love and affection. The media loves it. You're turning into a little mogul with your book and song writing. He's jealous and missing what you guys had. Oh well, sorry Charlie."

"Right. I'm over him but him continuing to say this kind of stuff makes me feel a type of way. Like, how can you sit there with another woman and still only think of me?" I questioned, "since I've been with Aubrey, he's been the only man I see. I don't know, maybe he just really can't let go of us."

"Honey, either that or you have diamonds between your legs."

"Shut up," I tossed my napkin at her, "I mean, I can rock a man's world don't get it twisted."

"I hear you girly," she giggled, "so what's the difference between the two?"

"Aubrey and Jay? In bed?"

"Yeah, cause you got something going on that makes both these men go crazy over you. One more literally than the other."

"I really can't compare the two. I had two different experiences. I mean, Jay was my first love so yeah we shared that. It was blissful. He made me feel ways I didn't think any other man could. Until Aubrey. He's the type of sexual partner a woman dreams of. He makes me feel like..."

"A woman?"

"Exactly," I smiled at the thought, "he satisfies me sexually, completes me mentally and emotionally. Our spirits are so in tune with each other. It's crazy."

"It's love," she smiled, "I wish you two would stop playing around and get hitched. It's clear that you guys are gonna be together forever."

"I think about it sometimes," I sighed, "like, some days I want to run off to Vegas and get married just because I'm that much in love. Sometimes I envisioned the romantic proposal and smiling at him down on one knee, then there are other times I freak the hell out thinking about taking those steps."

"What exactly makes you freak?"'

"My engagement to Jay. How I totally felt pressured to say yes to him. I couldn't embarrass him in front of my family. I didn't want to break his heart. I loved him, but I knew we weren't in any kind of stable place in our relationship to take that step."

"Poor baby."

I felt her thumb caress the back of my hand as I lowered my head.

"I want it all with Aubrey. I can see myself being his wife. A good, supportive, loving wife and mother. I'm just scared to take that leap with him. I don't want to mess up what we have."