Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Three

Aubrey

"Baby. Time to wake up."

I rolled over when I heard my fiancé's voice and reached out for her. All I could feel was sheets and pillows.

"Where you at?" I mumbled, wanting at least another thirty minutes of sleep before I got up.

"I'm right here. Open your eyes up, silly."

That cute ass giggle was enough for me to do so. I opened my eyes and saw her standing next to a silver cart in a mini silk pink robe tied tightly around the waist.

"Good morning handsome," she smiled.

"Hey sexy," I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times to ensure that I wasn't dreaming, "what are you up to?"

"Oh nothing," she sighed, "just breakfast in bed for my man," she pull off the cover from a dish on the cart, letting out a savory mouth watering aroma, "how does steak, scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns and fresh fruit sound?"

"It sounds amazing," I sat back against the headboard as she situated everything on a bed tray for me, "thank you baby."

"Happy Valentine's Day," she said, "and thank you for the flowers. They're gorgeous."

She looked back at the eight bouquets of red gerbera daisies that sat on the dresser. I had them brought in very early this morning while she was sleeping so that she could wake up to them, unbeknownst that she'd be waking me up with a surprise of my own.

"You didn't read your card?" I noticed it still enclosed in the envelope on the nightstand.

"I was waiting for you to wake up so we could read ours at the same time."

"Well come on," I patted a spot next to me.

She grabbed the card I had for her and made herself comfortable. I picked mine up from where it laid on the tray.

"You read yours first," she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Alright," I slipped my index finger between the seal to tear it open.

Clearing my throat, I read the front first, "to my fiancé Aubrey, I love you because your so lovely and I can't wait until you're my hubby," I looked over at her, "you're such a cheese."

"Open it and keep reading," she hit my arm.

"You're the one I always turn to and when all is said and done you're my confidant, my love, and my best friend, all in one. I can't wait to marry you and bring our creation into this world. Our journey is going to be one to last a lifetime! Love, Emilia...awe come here my sweet ting," I kissed her cheek, "I like that."

"Okay, now I get to read mine," she perked up and opened the pink envelope.

My card had been a blank canvas. I had written her name on the front and wrote freely on the inside.

"Emilia, I love being us, and the way we're just ourselves, comfortable with our own little ways of doing things, not needing a lot to make us happy, but just being together, loving each other and the life we share. You mean more to me than anything else in this world ever could. You're my life, and you're the one I'll always love. Each dream of mine begins and ends with loving thoughts of you, and you're the most important part of everything I do. The only way I see myself being happier, is the moment I hold our first child and when I see you walk down the aisle towards me to say I do. Love, Aubrey...oh my God baby!" she began to cry, "that was beautiful."

"Aw man you crying on me?" I hugged her with a smile, "I love you too baby."

"You always make me feel so special," she kissed me, "I love you so much."