Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Four

Emilia

We were back to the YOLO estate by the following evening. Two twelve hour flights in two days had me drained. London was fun despite the hint of drama. A change in scenery is always nice, but I was ready to be home though. As soon as we were there, I passed out in our bed and went into lazy mode. I didn't bother unpacking until the following day.

We were preparing to change locations again. Toronto for eleven weeks. Before that, there were a couple of things that needed to be done here. My brothers basketball game was the first on my list. Aubrey came along with Mark, Jorden, Gelo, Chubbs. mom, dad and Elena of course; Owen too. His team was playing for the section championship against their crosstown rivals. He put on a great performance. 23 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 9 steals. Playing his ass off. Everything he shot was money. The other team couldn't guard him. When the double team came, he dished it off to his teammates who capitalized on every opportunity. The other team was pretty good too. Keeping the score close until the final minutes. We were too much for them though. The Fairfax Lions became back to back Los Angeles City Section 1 Champions. Afterwards they announced the Los Angeles City Section 1- All Section Team. Not only did Max receive 1st team honors but he was also named Player of the Year. He was asked to pose solo with the trophy for a picture. Instead, he motioned for all of his teammates to get in the newspaper photo with him. So humble. That's my dad in him. Mom and Lena cried. Dad was proud. Aubrey did his best to keep me from getting too worked up, but I was jumping up and down and had eventually ran down the bleachers to meet him with a hug as he headed back to the locker room. That's my baby brother and he was doing amazing things. To put the icing on the cake the head coach from Louisville, Rick Pitino, was there to see the whole thing. With the section championship under their belt, basketball was far from over. The state championship playoffs would start in a few days. I'd miss the first round due to this Toronto move and my event with Food Network this weekend, but I assured him that I'd be front row for the next one.

Good news continued to flourish as the days went on. Adam Levine and his producer loved what 40 and I had sent. I was officially on the song now. Maroon 5 feat. Emilia -Moves Like Jagger. It would be released on radio Friday. We were excited. Aubrey was proud of me. Oliver was ready to get to work on me. Once this song took off, the sky was the limit for me musically. Not to mention my two songs on Aubrey's album coming in April. I was crossing my fingers that one if not both made the cut. It was still early.

Aubrey and I had dinner at my parents the night before we left for Toronto. They acted like we were leaving for good. Granted, eleven weeks did sound like a long time. Mom and dads gave me long goodbyes filled with hugs and kisses. Lena wouldn't miss me too bad by keeping busy with work, Gelo and baby shower planning. Max had his mind focused on basketball. Even though we'd be flying back for my scheduled doctors appointments, Aubrey let everyone know that he'd take care of the flights when they wanted to come see me.

Back on my fiancés private jet. Five hours and fifty five minutes in the air to his hometown. The City. The 6. He loved being home. It was cold as hell. A chilling 25 degrees. Early March. And to think Aubrey said it would be heating up around this time.

The weather had me a little moody, but arriving at our new temporary home quickly changed that. 3600 square feet. A 22nd floor suite at 1 St. Thomas Street in Yonge and Bloor, Downtown. It was beautiful. Private elevator. An extra 500 feet of outdoor living space that was a heated deck. The view was amazing. It had its own indoor pool. Two bedrooms, spacious living room and dining room, a study and a beautiful kitchen with a fully stocked fridge and pantry with all of my current cravings.

"Do you like it?" he said, following me around as I checked out everything.

"Do I like it? Are you kidding? I love it," I said, "this is amazing. More like a house, not a condo."