Chapter Sixty-Three

Emilia

Having so much on my mind made it hard to sleep. I laid in bed wide awake, staring out the window with my eyes being drawn to the moon's reflecting off the pool waters. Aubrey held me close; one hand resting on my stomach. His soft snores kept the room from being completely silent. He'd rub it unconsciously from time to time as he slept. An obvious sign of how badly he wanted for me to pregnant again. It was a conflicted feeling. Since I miscarried, all he's talked about has been another baby. My desire to be a mother elevated after the traumatic event. It made me wonder though; did we want a child for the right reasons? To clear Aubrey's conscience of the guilt he absorbed? To give me back what I felt God took from me? We weren't ready to be parents. I wasn't sure.

He's been looking forward to this appointment tomorrow. I was ready to get it off of my calendar. It'll be great to hear that I'm in good health; I've been praying about it every night. However, I feel like receiving good news meant that I was inclined to have sex again. I love Aubrey and am beyond physically attracted to him, but I feel so pressured to please him the way he wants. I want it to come naturally. He's already planning this romantic night, for which I'm sure he penciling in an intimate night cap. Between sex talk, baby talk, being in this house instead of mine, and following him around the country, I was starting to become overwhelmed. I didn't know how exactly to express this to him without hurting his feelings. Maybe I'm overreacting? I'll just suck it up and deal with it.

Finally falling asleep at 2:00 am, I was woken up six hours later with a text from Elena.

Elena: soooo Angelo's penis is like super hard... and poking the hell out of my butt

Emilia: do something with it. He's probably dreaming about you lol

Elena: Ew! No...that's a husband and wife thing

Emilia: Girl please.

Elena: but seriously, I keep scooting away but it's so freaking big that it's still touching me

Emilia: you are such a prude lmao like you haven't had sex before

Elena: The sex during my last year of marriage was so...bleh. You might as well say I've been celibate

Emilia: LMAO hush and go back to sleep

I wasn't expecting to be laughing before I got out of bed. That shit was hilarious. Imagining how Lena was looking was doing it for me. Maybe that's what she needed to loosen up a little. Some wild, hot, passionate sex that Paul's old ass wasn't giving her.

"Good morning, baby."

I rolled over to see Aubrey walking in with a tray of food in his hands. He was the total opposite of a morning person, so this was new. He was fully dressed and exuding energy like he had been up for hours.

"Good morning...what's this?"

"I made breakfast," he smiled, kissing my hand "for my beautiful lady."

Scrambled eggs, hash browns, fresh fruit, oatmeal and a glass of orange juice, "Awwww, thank you Aubrey. It looks good."

"How you feeling?"

"I'm okay. A little nervous and overwhelmed."

"Awe. Don't be. We're going to get good news today... and after I do this Fader shoot when we get back, I have a whole evening planned for just you and I. No interruptions."

I smiled. He kissed my temple and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I'm going to drive. The truck will be behind us. I told Spoons and Juggles to be ready to go by 9:30," he said, "I'm going to go take a business call from Nike in my office. Just come down when you're ready."