Chapter Sixty-Nine

Aubrey

Aubrey: wya?

Emilia: headed back to the hotel. Just finished lunch. You?

Aubrey: ate w/ CJ and Chubbs. Bout to go down for this nap before sound check. I need my baby though.

Emilia: 😊
Aubrey: come lay down with me

Emilia: Okay lol I should be there in a couple minutes

Something about holding her rested my nerves. I feel cool and calm, running my hand over her soft skin. Her sleeping on my chest tracing my abs. The smell of her hair. I needed that right now.

I figured that I hop on social media to see what was going on while I waited for her. Checking up on my fan page, WordOnRoad, Twitter and Instagram was a must. Meg did a great job holding all of that down for The Boy.

Mila was some of everywhere. All of the blogs were writing about her appearance on Ellen yesterday. All praising her voice and how well she interviewed. A lot of my fans were tagging me in them.

One comment caught my attention.

freesfx: yo @champagnepapi got him a chick that write books,cook and sang! All while looking bad AF with no fraudulent enhancements. He stay winning bruh 🙌🏾😩

"Knock, knock," I heard a sing-song voice as the door unlocked and open a few minutes later.

She walked in with a smile, emptying her hands of various shopping bags on the table.

Quickly, she kicked off her shoes and jumped on the bed, "You missed me?"

"Mmhmm. Come here."

She moved up so that we were face to face. I draped an arm around her waist and pulled her into me, kissing her forehead. That small giggle and a hint of red on her cheeks made me smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that," she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and continued to blush, "you're making me shy."

"I'm just admiring you," I stroked her cheek, "I think you're amazing and it makes me good to know that everyone else sees that. Like, they say I'm winning, I upgraded, I'm the man because I have you. Not the other way around. It just goes to show how well you carry yourself. I love that shit."

"Awe, thank you," she kissed me, "I love you."

"I love you."

She giggled, "you're so freaking cute."

"Mhmm, now give me this ass," I took two handfuls and gave it a firm squeeze.

She struggled to talk between kisses, "Aubrey...your...suppose...your suppose...to...be resting."

"You're right," I let her roll off to the side so that I could cuddle her.

Our fingers intertwined. It just so happened to be with our left hands. My thumb felt her bare ring finger. I've imagined how those diamonds would looked and feel there countless times.

Why was this weighing on my mind so heavy?

Max

That Evening

Max: Dude, what are you doing? We were supposed to leave an twenty minutes ago. 😕

Em: I'm coming. On the phone.

Max: you can talk in the car!

Em: be patient 😒

Max: you and Drake in there making out or something?