Chapter Seventy-Four

Aubrey

"AG they just pulled up!" I heard Chubbs call to me as I chilled outside by the pool with yet another blunt in rotation.

I jumped up with a quickness and hustled back through the house to the front door. I had received a text from Battares about an hour ago saying that the girls were safe and Harold was in police custody. There was some worry when he told me that they had to be checked out at the hospital, but he assured me that it was just protocol for these types of situations.

Gelo was right behind me as I stepped outside to the driveway. Battares' unmarked BMW 3 series pulled up a few seconds later. Once parked, he stepped out adjusting his suit jacket. Lena emerged from the passengers side, quickly closing the door and running to her man.

I got a weird feeling watching Battares walk around to the passengers rear door. Everything stopped around me. My heart started to beat rapidly.

"What's wrong?" I hurried to the door.

That's when I saw her stretched out across the backseat with an ace bandage and ice wrapped around her left ankle. He helped her out, grabbing a set of crutches as well.

"What the hell happened?" I looked her over noticing not only the ankle, but the scraping of her palms, elbow and forearms.

"I fell," she said, "but I'm fine."

"You told me she was okay?" I looked at Battares.

"Yes sir I-"

She interjected, "I told him to tell you that so you wouldn't worry. I didn't want you panicking over this. It's minor."

"She's fine, Mr. Graham. The doctor said her ankle will be good as new in a few days. Just a mild sprain."

"Did he do this to you?" I looked straight into her eyes that returned a look of exhaustion.

"Aubrey," her eyes closed and reopened, "I just wanna go inside and lie down."

"Hey, you need some help Em?" Chubbs approached us.

"Can you take her upstairs for me?" I asked and looked back to her, "I'll be right up."

"Okay," she tucked a crutch under each arm as I kissed her forehead, "c'mon Chubby."

He waited until she was in the house to speak.

"Give her some time. The hospital gave her some medicine from the pain which is causing the drowsiness," he nodded, "being that all of this is now under investigation, I am not at liberty to speak details, but they went through a lot today. Those are some brave girls."

"What do you mean you can't-"

"Come on, Aubrey. Let's go back inside," I heard Spoons voice and felt his hand on my shoulder, "the girls are back safely. Let's make sure they're good."

"Mr. Graham, I promised Emilia that I'd let you two have that conversation," he walked back around to get in his car, "I'm heading to the office to get the information obtained over to prosecution. The extradition hearing is Friday so I want to have it all on the table to make sure both Mr. Nassif and Mr. Dusquene get what they deserve."

"We appreciate it. Thank you for everything man," Spoons shook the hand of his friend, "c'mon AG."

He nodded is head at me. I did the same before walking back into the house. Gelo and Lena were walking back to his room in the guest suites. Chubbs was jogging downstairs, while the rest of the guys sat along the couches in the living room.

"She okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, she was talking about feeling sweaty and sticky and wanting to shower. I told her that I'm not quite the guy for that job," he laughed, "it made her smile though."