Chapter Twenty-Two

Three Days Later

Aubrey

"Hey man, you good?" Chubbs asked me as we entered the All England Club to watch Serena compete in the finals of the Wimbledon Championships. It had been a three day long affair. She was kicking ass as expected. I was happy that I could be here to witness history and support my good friend, but my heart and mind was elsewhere.

"Yeah, I'm straight," I nodded, hearing people call out my name as we maneuvered our way through.

I stopped a few times to pose for pictures and sign autographs for my fans. We finally made our way to the court, being escorted to our seats in Serena's box. Of course, me being here cause those rumors of Serena and I dating again. Although it was true in the past, that wasn't the case anymore. I was a friend and a fan. After her match yesterday, there was an article out that we were caught making out afterwards. I tell you, the people behind those computer screens have creative minds.

"Look man, don't let that shit worry you. She's fine," he assured me.

With all the sleepless nights I had been having, I had to confide in someone about what had been going on for my own sanity. I told Chubbs and Neeks everything. I was doing everything in my power to get to Nepal and bring her home with me, but they talked me out of it. Niko said this deployment was really a blessing in itself being that she would be nowhere near Jay. I could see his point. What bothered me was not knowing when she would be back and her safety out there in a country that was in a state of emergency. I paid close attention to the CNN app on my phone, refreshing it thirty or so minutes to stay up on what was going on there. Since she sent me the picture of her boarding the aircraft, I've talked to her two to three times a day via text; all of our attempts to call each other failed being that there was barely if any service where she was. She would let me know that she was okay. I'd tell her I miss her. She would send a picture of what she was surrounded by and that would be the end of it. I would keep my phone in my hand, waiting to hear from her again. It had gotten to the point where I would get excited every time my phone rang but be fully disappointed if it wasn't her.

"She's fine dawg. She's trained to do that type of shit right? She good."

"It's not just that. It's- she- I don't know what her mind state is you know? She went through a lot and I just want her to be okay up here," I pointed at my temple, "I'm not around to hold on her, console her or anything. This distance is fucking with me."

"Nigga," he sat up and smiled.

"What?"

"Yo ass is in fucking love with this girl," he said, "I'll be damned."

"I don't know what it is bro," I dropped my hands on my knees in frustration, "I think about her every minute. I can't stop."

"And you're stressing like fuck. Yeah, she's got you my nigga. I don't remember the last time I've seen you sprung like this."

"I'm not sprung-"

Mila: Are you busy? Found some free time and service!

Aubrey: I'm right here

"Yo, where are you going?" Chubbs said as I quickly got up and slid past him, bumping all into his knees, "the match is about to start."

"Mila's bout to call me. Can I get the keys to the car?"

"I got you," Spoons stood up and led the way.

I moved as quickly as I could without it seeming like something serious was going on. I didn't want to distract the spectators nor draw any unnecessary attention to myself.