Chapter Forty-Two

Emilia

It was a humid Friday night in Southern California. Owen had the the weekend off, so we agreed to go out and enjoy the nightlife. Remembering how much fun I had out with Lena in Toronto, I invited her to come along with us. Well, not really invite. I told her she was coming even if I had to drag her out of the house. We were both going through some difficult times in our personal lives, so I made it a priority for us to spend time and enjoy each other.

I had a lot to go out and celebrate for. Although I just lost a child that I was previously unaware from and taking a break from Aubrey, I had a book deal and an upcoming award show appearance that made me find a smile again. As much as I wanted to shout the news out from the rooftops, I remember Nicki specifically reiterating that it was a surprise. I didn't want to ruin that element of her performance, so I told no one.

MTV had gotten in contact with me the day after Nicki had called. I spoke briefly with the head event coordinator, where we discussed the logistic and contract signing that needed to take place. I reviewed it with Michelle, Elena's lawyer, after swearing her to secrecy, and signed my name on the dotted line. It was official. I would be a special guest of Nicki Minaj. MTV also provided me with two complimentary tickets. Owen and Lena had a big surprise coming their way next Sunday.

"Em, hurry the hell up!" Owen knocked on my bedroom door, "what the hell you doing in there?"

"I'm coming, get the stick out of your ass!" I shouted back as I blending liner with a deep mauve lip color.

I gently rubbed them together and pouted to make sure it was perfect; smoothing my hands over my sleek low ponytail hairstyle.

I turned my back to the mirror and looked back at how the outfit I wore complimented my shape. No, I wasn't the thickest woman out there but I had curves.

Plum latex skirt of knee length with a body con fit paired with a long sleeved black crop top with an edgy peephole at the bust. It was more of a sexier look than I usually did, but I was really feeling myself tonight. Why not go for it?

Elena and Owen were carrying on their own conversation when I stepped out of my bedroom. When they noticed me, it stopped. They just stared with wider eyes.

"What?" I looked around, "something wrong?"

"No, you just look different," Elena's eyes wandered my ensemble, "in a good way though. It's super sexy."

"A little too sexy," Owen added, "put your titties up man."

"They are up," I winked, "push-up bras do wonders."

"I think it looks good on you," Elena nodded, "don't listen to him."

I checked out her outfit for the third time since she's been here. She had taken my advice and elected to not be so conservative with her nightclub attire; showing off her flat stomach in low rise black pants, white crop top and black blazer. Her hair was slicked up into a bun that complimented her flawless face. The nude/gold eye make-up further accented to exotic eyes we shared.

"Alright Thot 1 and Thot 2 let's roll," he joked, causing Lena to slap his arm.

"Watch it," she cut her eyes at him as we followed his lead out the door.

"Aubrey's going to shit himself if he sees what you're wearing," Owen continued as we got in his car.

"Good," I grinned at the thought, "I hope he has a little fit."

"Why you playing with this man?" he said, "ya'll females grimy as fuck."

"I'm not grimy," I corrected him, "he just needs to know what he has and miss it a little. That's all."