Chapter Seventeen

Emilia

Wow, I'm engaged now. I have a fiancé. It all started to sink in once I was home lying in my bed. Jhaleel surprised the hell out of me. Here we are trying to find stability and establish trust again in our relationship, and then he gets down on his knee and pops the question. I was nowhere near ready to be married and I didn't believe he was either. I couldn't say no in front of all those people. Not mom, dad, Max and Elena. That would have totally embarrassed him. I could see how nervous he was when he asked me. He could barely hold the ring because his hand was shaking so badly. When I said yes, his face lit up bigger than I've ever seen before

Aubrey sent me a congratulations text. He must have seen my Instagram post. I replied with a thank you and asked about our normal FaceTime routine. He called me about thirty minutes later. Something seemed different. He looked like he had a lot on his mind and didn't talk as much as he usually did. He claimed it was just fatigue due to all the working and flying from coast to coast starting wear on him. We said our goodnights. He had to go to a studio session.

Max was off to Colorado the next day. I went to the airport with mom and dad to see him off. I left him with two words, kick ass. I spent the next three nights with Jhaleel being that he was leaving for Orlando tomorrow. Owen and I were flying out that same day. Jay brought his luggage over to my house, where he'd stay the night so I could drop him off at the airport bright and early in the morning. He lied in my bed watching TI and Tiny: Family Hustle while I packed my bags. I had to be the world's worst packer. What do you bring to London? Is it warm? Hot? Cold? What all would we be doing? I picked up my phone to check the weather app. It's around 75 in the day, 57 at night. Okay, I can work with that. I went to my closet and pulled together a couple of cute outfits for the show, casual outfits just for walking around and sight-seeing and of course knowing Owen and Aubrey I had to have something for enjoying the nightlife.

"You're only going for two days, babe," Jay said, "why so many clothes?"

"I have to have my options. The weather is up and down there, so I want to be prepared."

"Oh...you think you're taking enough underwear?" he said as I grabbed a generous amount from my drawer, "all of your sexy underwear at that."

"Jay, a girl can never pack too much underwear, "I informed him, "and all of my underwear is sexy. It's either Victoria Secret or Pink."

"I'm just saying. Don't you have some Walmart draws somewhere?"

"Those would be period panties," I laughed with him, "and I had mine already this month, so I'm not packing those. Why are you so inquisitive about my underwear?"

"It was just a thought," he picked up the remote and started channel surfing, "um...do you know where you're staying at?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I'm guessing a fancy hotel right in the heart of the city."

"Oh okay. You sharing a room or will you have your own?"

"Jay, I honestly have no clue. Aubrey told me he was bringing his best friend Courtne', so it'll probably be us two girls together. Is there something wrong?"

"I just have my concerns."

"Okay, like what?"

"He wants to fuck you Em."

"Seriously Jay? We're having this conversation again?"

"Yeah, we are. I know dudes like him. It's not that I don't trust you. I don't trust him. Why else would he be trying to fly you to another country? He only does that with girls he trying to fuck."