Chapter Seventy-Nine

Emilia

The rest of the day was absolutely amazing. On top of the great news I had received, I had a fun time on the set of Aubrey's photoshoot for W Art Magazine. He was a natural in front of the camera. There was no doubt in my mind that he was the sexiest man on the planet. He was mine, all mine. One more reason to smile.

I cooked for the boys that evening before we went to the studio. Lemon zest salmon, brown rice, asparagus and roasted potatoes, keeping in mind Aubrey's health plan to make sure that body stayed looking as good as it does.

While Aubrey went to 40's studio/apartment to work on his album, I was driven over to Metalworks to join PartyNextDoor and Boi 1 da. It was fun and productive at the same time. Aubrey surrounded himself with good, genuine people who loved to work just as hard as I did. I appreciated that.

I had beat Aubrey back to condo. It was two in the morning. Ryan and OB had passed out of the couch with a box of pizza and empty Heineken bottles. That was a sight that made me laugh.

My phone had died on the way here, so I hurried to the bedroom to plug it up to the charger. A quick shower and change of clothes had me ready for bed.

Emilia: I'm here

Aubrey: okay. I'll be there in an hour or so, wrapping up some last minute tweaks to this song.

Emilia: Good, cause it's hard for me to sleep without you 😔

Aubrey: Try baby. OB, Ryan, and Mark are there. You're safe.

Emilia: they can't hold me like you though 😞

Aubrey: I know...put on a funny movie. I'll be there before it's over.

Emilia: okay 😚

Aubrey: 😚😚😚😚

I closed out of our message thread and browsed through the others to make sure I replied to texts from Max, Lena, and Owen. Jay's messages were still sitting there without a response. I didn't know what to say to what he had sent last night. I can't say it caught me completely off guard, but I wasn't expecting it.

Jay: So the chick I'm dating went through the pictures in my phone. She wants me to delete the ones I still have of you and us together.

Jay: We had a big ass fight about it cause I said no...

Jay: I love you, Emilia. I respect everything you got going on but that doesn't change how I feel. That won't go away.

Jay: If there was ever a chance to make us work again I'll do whatever it takes.

I hate this. I really do. Why? Why is he acting like this? Why can't he be happy with his new girl like I am with Aubrey? Why wasn't it easy for him to move on? What am I supposed to do with this? It's unlike me to not be sincere when it came to someone else's feelings, especially his. I couldn't be a bitch, even if I tried. There was too much love in my heart for him. Yes, there was love for him but I was no longer in love with him.

Emilia: You have to give the same respect to my relationship as I do to yours. We agreed to speak as friends. It must stay that way if you wish to continue.

I had fallen asleep waiting on a response that I wasn't sure would come or not. Feeling Aubrey get into bed had woken me up. I rolled over and reached out to touch him. He felt different. Very different. It was hard to see with the room being as dark as it was. However, I was close enough to see that the skin on his back was about four shades darker than his normal complexion.