Chapter One Hundred and Thirty

Aubrey

Four Days Late
r

Beep beep beep

7:00 am

Although it was early, I had woken up with an immense amount of excitement. The sun poured in through the large windows in my massive bedroom. The first thing on my mind was another appointment with Dr.Nyguen in a few hours. It brought a smile to my face. We would finally be finding out if we were having a boy or a girl, well technically Elena would. Em and I wouldn't find out until the party tomorrow. It wasn't until I rolled over that I was reminded that I had slept alone again. This makes five nights in a row that Em has decided to sleep in the guest room down the hall. I've been doing my best to be patient with her but now I'm confused. If we're on good terms, then why is she choosing to not share a bed with me?

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and put on a change of clothes before heading downstairs. I could hear Emilia's voice. I'm not sure who she was talking to being that no one in this house was in habit of being up at 7:30 in the morning.

When I walked in the kitchen, I saw that she had her phone on speaker lying on the island. She was wiping down the counters with Lysol cloths and straightening up the decor.

Her growing belly stayed hidden in a loose fitting sleeveless white top and light washed jeans. I smiled at how beautiful her bare face was and how her natural curls were manipulated into a messy bun atop her head. She glowed effortlessly.

"Lena, I have to run upstairs and make sure Aubrey's awake. I set his alarm last night but he probably slept through it. See you at nine."

"Alright girl, love you."

"Love you too."

She sighed after hanging up. Her fingers tapped against the counter, looking as if she was thinking. Then she picked her phone up again and dialed a number. When she held it to her ear I felt my pocket vibrate followed by the iPhone's signature ringtone.

Our eyes met at the exact same time. She smiled and ended the call.

"Good morning. I see that alarm got you up and at 'em."

"Something like that," I walked around the island to wrap my arms around her and feel that bump, "I couldn't go back to sleep if I wanted to. I'm way too excited."

"Me too," she leaned her head back against me, "even though we won't find out until tomorrow, I still get excited about seeing how much nugget has grown."

I kissed her forehead and gently on the lips, "you look beautiful."

"Thank you," her grey eyes brightened even more.

"So, is there a reason why your dousing my kitchen in Lysol?"

"You forgot?"

"Forgot what?" my brows furrowed as I attempted to jog my memory.

"Aubrey," she folded her arms and shifted her weight to the right, "Food Network is coming today. They're taking pictures for a two page spread on my chili and tacos, remember?"

"Oh shit, that is today. My bad babe."

"So you don't remember me going to Whole Foods last night to get everything I need and telling OB that if he touches anything that I'll cut his beard off in his sleep?"

I laughed as it all came back to me, "Yeah I remember. I'm sorry, my mind has just been all over the place with work. Getting these samples cleared, planning for this Virginia Black event in April, finalizing these venues for the tour, doing Skepta's show in London on Friday."

Although I had cancelled with Robyn, I was still doing my appearance at Skepta's show. Em agreed to come with me. I still haven't heard from Robyn after the text I had sent her. Oliver told me that he made contact with her people but that was it. I think it's safe to say that she was pissed more than likely.