Chapter Fifty

Emilia

Even though Aubrey and I didn't go to bed until three in the morning, I was up bright and early at nine o' clock. If anything, it was my nerves for today's rehearsal hindering me from falling back asleep.

I decided to go make breakfast to keep me occupied. OB and Ryan had crashed on the couch, snoring like wildebeest. There were still some solo cups and empty bottle lying around.

Turkey bacon, blueberry pancakes and eggs were on the menu with freshly squeezed orange juice. It didn't take long for the smells to start attracting the boys. OB and Ryan were the first ones up. Chubbs, Mark and CJ trickled in. Then finally Oliver and Gelo. Guess I need to double up on what I had ideally planned to cook.

Aubrey came down just as I finished plating the last bit of eggs. He gave me a quick kiss before starting up with the guys.

"Ya'll niggas sitting around this island like ya'll bout to eat or something," he smirked, rubbing his hands together as he looked at the food.

"She made plenty for us," OB said, "witcho selfish ass."

"She's my woman. I can be selfish. Ya'll got bitches, tell them to feed ya."

"You know them broads can't cook," CJ laughed, "OB had a chick that fixed him ramen noodles and a bologna sandwich."

Everyone erupted in laughter and clowned OB.

"Well because mine can cook don't mean she feeding yall everyday when she's here."

"I don't mind," I shrugged, "they're my little taste testers."

"See," Ryan stuck his tongue out.

He went to reach for a piece of bacon, but my ninja skills quickly slapped his hand and made him draw back.

"The man of the house eats first," I said sweetly.

"You heard that?" Aubrey flipped him off then looked back over at me, "thank you baby."

After breakfast, Aubrey offered to clean up the kitchen for me. I thought that was thoughtful and sweet of him.

Emilia: I thought you stayed the night? Didn't want to come down for breakfast.

Elena: had to work. I left @7

When he returned upstairs to his bedroom where I was sitting up watching tv, he convinced me to go back to sleep for a few more hours.

He woke me up around noon. We decided to shower and go out for lunch. My choice. We drove into the city of Los Angeles. Blue Jam Cafe. We both chose turkey burgers with wild arugula, fresh tomato, red onions and pistou aioli.

While waiting, we talked about the upcoming days. Rehearsal today and tomorrow. The award show was Sunday. He wanted to support me but thought it would be best if he didn't come with me to rehearsals. He thought it was something I should do on my own for experience purposes. He also said it would be best if we did the red carpet solo. It would take away from me introducing to myself to the world as Emilia having him alongside me; I wanted to be Emilia... not just Drake's girlfriend. I agreed with him. I was trying to build my own brand here with my book, song writing and a little singing. We'd sit together inside though. He supported that. I'm pretty sure the press was going to love that. Now how in the hell am I gonna walk this red carpet by myself? I wasn't all interesting or captivating. This was going to be a lot of first in one evening.

Our food came out and it was absolutely delicious. Silence fell over us for a little while. That's how you know it's good. The conversations continued as we finished up and paid the bill.