Chapter Thirty-Four Part Four

Emilia

I got myself up out of bed around ten minutes 'til noon. Knowing how tired he must have been, I let Aubrey stay asleep while I brushed my teeth, washed my face and threw on some clothes. Today was the last day in Toronto for Elena, Owen and I. We'd be back on a flight to California tomorrow morning. The two of them had to get back to their jobs. I, on the other hand, had to start the process of finding a literary agent to represent me as an author and my written work. My goal was to have my book completed with a publishing deal by the end of the year and have it in stores by the spring. With the way my blog was going, I was more than confident in my work. I just had to get that agent, that publishing company to believe in me.

"Well good afternoon gorgeous," Courtne smiled as I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen, where she was drinking a glass of water.

"Are we the only ones up?" I chuckled, grabbing myself a pack of fruit snacks from the cabinet.

"I haven't heard Elena up and moving yet and Owen isn't budging," she said, "I'm surprised you're up."

Her sly smirk caused me to raise an eyebrow, "yeah, we didn't get home until super late," I added, "but I can't stay in bed all day."

"Right."

"Okay, what are you trying to get at ma'am?"

"Oh nothing, just that when I came to get something to drink before I went to sleep I totally heard you guys."

"Seriously!" I gasped, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks, "that is so embarrassing."

"Eh, you didn't sound too embarrassed-"

"Shut-up," I rolled my eyes, "I didn't know we were so-"

"Loud?" she giggled, "it's cool. You're secret is safe with me. Well, somewhat...you know Owen think he knows everything."

"Oh wait, you're talking about me...but isn't this you guys' third sleepover in a row?" I wriggled my eyebrows, "mhhmm, what ya'll been up to?"

"Cuddling, kissing and being wholesome," she sighed with a smile, "he's perfect but I'm not trying to give him the golden ticket yet."

"Hold out on him. Make him work for it," I told her, "Girls literally throw themselves at him and give him whatever he wants. He's taking you like super serious, more than any girl I've seen him with so keep it up. He really likes you. Don't give him the cat, yet."

"Alright, I'll continue holding out on the release of my inner naughty girl, unlike my friend here," she winked at me.

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with being naughty with your boyfriend."

I did a simple shrug as her mouth dropped, "boyfriend? As in a title? As in you guys are totally together?"

I nodded with a smile, "Or, I guess that's what it means when he says I love you, you say I love you, he says he's going to be the best man to you and then you have the most insane, emotional, passionate sex a woman could ever want for the first time."

"That's exactly what the hell that means. I'm proud of my best friend, stepping up to the plate and all. Kudos to you Aubrey."

"Yeah," I took a deep breath, "I didn't think I'd get to this point, you know? The thought of loving another man this deeply after a four year relationship with my ex was not happening, but I don't know. Everything is so easy with Aubrey. We're goofy as hell together and its fun. Making each other happy is effortless. We're like friends first and then lovers. He's seen me at my absolute lowest point in life and still thinks the world of me."

"That's Aubrey. When he loves, he loves hard. I feel like truly finding that love of his life will complete him. He always talks about wanting to love someone the way his mother deserved to be, but didn't."