Chapter Ninety-Six

Aubrey

A Few Hours Later

"Aubrey, oh my God I'm never going to finish making your lunch if you don't move."

Em shooed me away for the hundredth time. She was in the kitchen whipping up something to eat at my request. I was a good boy at first, watching her from sitting at the island but that ass in those leggings was entirely too tempting.

"You're so sexy," I stood behind her and playfully thrusted while holding on to her hips, "come here."

She laughed, "Aubrey move."

"Okay, okay."

"I don't wanna end up in the laundry room again. You need to eat and get your day started," she began to plate the chicken stir fry and lo mein, "I have to meet this stylist with Courtne and I can't be late."

"If you wanna go hop on the washing machine I can be done in ten minutes," I kissed her cheek and snuck in titty squeeze.

"Oh my God, go away!" she hit me with a towel, "horn dog."

Her phone rang. She was occupied with what was going on in the stove, so I picked it up.

Incoming Call: Marcus Talms

"Who is it?" she glanced over her shoulder.

"Marcus Talms. Who is-"

"My realtor babe, remember?" she held her hand out for it.

Oh that's right. She's still talking with this guy?

"Hey Marcus," she answered once I handed it to her, "yeah. Today?"

She look back at the clock on the wall.

"Yeah, I can do that. Aubrey's home today so I'll see if he'll come with me. Hold on."

She tapped the phone on mute and looked at me, "Hey, Marcus needs me to come by the house to take some notes on changes I want to make to it. You wanna come with me?"

"Uh...yeah. Um sure," I scratched my head.

"Marcus? Okay we'll be there in like an hour. I can't stay too long cause I gotta meet with a stylist today. Alright...okay bye."

I was definitely feeling some type of way. Everything was so good with us right now. I had thought she forgot about that house to be honest.

"Ah! This is so exciting," she said as she hung up, "I haven't even had chance to tell you all the good news I received this morning."

She plated our food and sat in on the island, then walked around to where I was standing and leaned against me.

"Well, I got the news from the publishing company that they set me up to appear The Real, Wendy Williams Show, Rachael Ray and Guy's Grocery Games leading up to the release of my book. Only 24 days left babe! And Marcus called to say that I officially have the house! I'm so excited."

She cupped my cheeks and gave me a long kiss and a big smile.

"I'm so excited! Everything is like so perfect right now," she kissed me again, "I can't wait for you to see it. It's only fifteen minutes away from here. Oh, I gotta call Courtne and tell her to let the stylist know I have four more events to be styled for. Eat up baby, I'll be right back."

She dialed her number and stepped out of the kitchen. I sat in front of my plate and started eating. We had a great morning. Now my head is fucked up. I thought we were good. We both established the fact that we wanted to get married. I've been hinting that my proposal will happen soon. I'm not understanding this right now.