Chapter Sixty-One

Aubrey

We were flying back to California the next morning. Our one day get away was fun. I had the chance to see her work, spend time with her family and have time away from the drama that awaited us. Seeing her smile all day was everything. It made me feel a way. I was serious when I said that I wanted to marry her and give her babies. Now that she was on her period, I was a step closer to making that happen.

"You talk to your doctor yet?" I asked during the car ride back to my home from the airport. It was like the fourth time I asked, but I was really curious.

"No Aubrey. I couldn't exactly call him while we were flying," she pushed her sunglasses up the bridge of her nose. I noticed a little change in her attitude since last night. Very irritable and short with her words.

"You mad at me?"

"No, these cramps are just irritating the fuck out of me and I want some chocolate. Do you see any chocolate around? No."

"I'm all the chocolate you need," I softly kissed her neck, "well not exactly chocolate but caramel if you will."

"Aubrey stop I feel gross," she scooted away, "I need a shower."

I put my hand on her lower abdomen, slowly rubbing back and forth. If my baby was cramping, I was going to do what I could to make it feel better.

"I'm sorry," she sighed, "my first day is always the worst."

"Don't apologize for something you can't help," I said, "how long is it on for?"

"Four days."

"So that means we can start being adventurous again on Monday?"

"I need to make a doctors appointment first Aubrey."

"Make it for Tuesday morning. I'll go with you."

"That's really sweet but I'd prefer you stay your horny ass at home."

"Forreal, I wanna go and make sure you're okay," I played with her loose stray hairs, "I'm trying to inflate that belly."

"There are too many stress factors going on in our lives for a baby. Your career, my career, this thing with Paul and my sister...so you will be using protection."

I cursed mentally. She didn't feel as good with a rubber on as she did without. Hell, that's probably why she had gotten pregnant the first time. I couldn't pull out for the life of me. She made me feel ways that no other woman has ever made me feel. Hence, why I'm so desperate to have it back.

She was right about the stress though. There was a lot going on in both of our lives. The last thing I wanted was to lose another baby. It'll happen when the man upstairs wants it to. I was impatient as hell, and selfishly wanted it all now. I guess we could have fun in the meantime. I couldn't wait.

Once we were home, she quickly went upstairs and hit the shower. I brought our luggage up behind her. Knowing how she was feeling, I decided to give her some time to herself and went downstairs to see what the boys were up to.

Gelo, Mark, CJ and Jordan had just finished up a game of two on two by the time I walked outside to the court.

"What's up bro? How was New York?" Gelo was the first to approach me.

"Good man," I nodded, "we got to see some family and she did a great job at her shoot, so yeah I'd say it went well. You good?"

"Yeah man," he rolled the ball around in his hands, "just trying to make sure Lena's taken care of."

"Where is she anyway?"

"At work. I dropped her off this morning," he said, "she refused to miss that."