Chapter Thirty-Two

Aubrey

In the middle of having dinner at my Uncle Steve's, I received a text from Max that put an awkward feeling in my spirit. A brief, simple message that said: Is it okay to call you rn? I excused myself and called him. For thirty minutes he vented to me about everything that happened at his parents' house with Mila, his mother and older sister. It was a lot to digest but it made Mila's phone call to me about bringing her sister to Toronto make more sense. Max had now witnessed both of his siblings become victims of domestic violence. That was a lot of him to handle. Mila was looking after her sister; Owen was trying to be there for both Max and Mila. I needed to be there. Thinking of how Mila must be feeling and remembering how I comforted her brother when he was hurting pushed me to get to California as fast as I could.

With my connects to a private jet, I was there in five and a half hours. Chubbs and Spoons came along with me. I appreciated them being down for whatever at such a short notice without many details, if any. They dropped me off at Mila's house and went back to stay at the Yolo Estate. I called Owen to let me in being that I saw his vehicle in the driveway. He shocked, yet happy to see me. Max was asleep. He had a hard day, so I left him unbothered and went to Mila's room. I've been dying to touch, hold and kiss her ever since she let Toronto. She thought I was a dream. I showed her that this was real. Yes, I flew six hours in the middle of the night just to be right here doing this. She held onto me tightly as she drifted off back to sleep. My eyes shut for two hours before the sound of her alarm clock woke me.

"Nooo," I brought her closer when she started moving around.

"I have to get ready for work," she said softly.

I gently kissed her shoulder, "how do you feel?"

"I'm okay," she sighed, "did Max tell you everything?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry that you have to keep going through shit," I guided her over on her back so that I could see her face, "I'm here for you...and Max. I just felt like this is where I needed to be."

She smiled and touched my beard with her index finger, "You're perfect."

"Far from it," I kissed her soft lips, quickly reminding myself how much I missed it.

She smiled and rolled out of bed once she felt my embrace loosen up. Little sneaky thing. I watched intently as she stripped down to her birthday suit. With her back to me, I had the perfect view of her mouthwatering figure. Her bare bottom had me on solid. She brought a towel around to cover herself as she disappeared in the bathroom. Feeling spontaneous, I decided to follow her lead after hearing the shower starting to run.

Who would've thought I'd be caught in this life?

Let's celebrate with a toast and get lost in tonight

And make it all light up

I smiled as I heard her softly singing my lyrics. Quietly stripping out of my briefs, I slipped in behind her and gently put my arms around her waist. She jumped a little, but calmed when I placed kisses along her neck.

"You singing my song is so sexy," I whispered in her ear.

She giggled and tried to shy away from me, "the more I've gotten to know you the more I've been going back and listening to your stuff. Guilty."

"It's okay. I like that," I took her sudsy washcloth and helped scrub her back, "you know what else I'd like?"

"What?"

"If you'd kiss me."

I pressed myself up against her, so that she could feel my excitement. Her head leaned back against my chest, while a hand rested on my thigh, "you like that?"