Chapter Twenty-Seven Part Two

Aubrey

That Evening

Aubrey: you're doing your thing with your dude and I'm trying to pursue something with my girl. So I think we should end the physical aspect of our relationship. It's great and all but I'm trying to be an honest man to the women in my life.

Robyn: I understand. It makes sense. I'll miss you though L

Aubrey: Our friendship isn't going anywhere and we still have this song we're working on. Still my homie! Will always have love for you.

Robyn: Lol my nigga...same here.

Aubrey: always

Aubrey: yall turning up yet?

Robyn: lit! you coming by?

I was standing in the kitchen, taking a break from the studio to eat a chicken salad when I heard the front door open and close. Mila called my name. I hollered back to let her know I was in the kitchen. She appeared with a few bags in her hands. I couldn't resist kissing her as she pulled her shades back over her head.

"Well hello to you too," she giggled.

"How was it?" I took her bags and sat them on the counter, "I see you got a couple things."

"I did" she nodded, "Courtne is the best shopping partner a girl could ask for."

"She loves clothes, man. Where she at?"

"Oh, she had to go. She has a hot date with Owen."

"Those two are hitting it off aren't they?" I said as I fed her some of my food.

"Mhhmm. That's good," she said, "and yeah, they both can't stop talking about each other. I think its cute. Owen needs a good girl in his life."

"Courtne needs a good dude too. I like Owen for her, though. She's been working so hard over the past few years that she hasn't made time for niggas, so this is new."

"Here," she reached in her purse and handed me what was left over from what I gave her, "I spent $1,500...it would have been less but Courtne insisted on shoes and jewelry."

"You keep it."

"Aubrey, absolutely not."

"Girl, keep the money," I folded her hand around it, "and that's the end of that conversation."

"Fine," she huffed, putting it back in her purse, "Well, hopefully our friends make a love connection."

"Those aren't the only two that need to make one," I picked her up and guided her legs around my waist, "I could stay like this all day."

"You're so cute," she cupped my cheeks and kissed me, "I'm assuming that you read what the gossip blogs had to say about you and me."

"Ehhh, yeah but I don't pay attention to that shit. It'll blow over by tomorrow and they'll be on to someone else," I shrugged, "I'm single and the woman I'm showing interest in is single. Don't let it bother you."

"I try not to, but it's been so many people calling me names that don't even know me. It's ridiculous."

"People can say a lot of shit behind a keyboard, babe. Fuck 'em."

She sighed and looked away from me, letting me know something else was bothering her.

"Talk to me. What else is it," I sat her down on the counter and kept my arms around her.

"I can be honest right? You won't be mad?"

"I can't be mad at you for being honest with me."

"Okay. I'm kinda worried about Jay. Now that this stuff is out there I know he's going to see it. I don't want to be a distraction in his career or yours for that matter. I don't want him seeing me with you hurting whatever healing process he's going through. Like, making his pick up a bottle , pop a pill or just simply become angry. I don't know. Maybe I care too much? Despite what happened between us I still want him to be okay."