Chapter 1

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"Now Amelia , you know that you cannot continue doing outrageous things that will affect your heart ." Doctor May says .

"I've been listening to the same story for about ten years now . I'm used to it ." I smile sarcastically at him .

"You shouldn't be stressing at the moment , it's not healthy ." He sighs .

"Doc I can't exactly choose how and what I dream about ." I roll my eyes behind my closed ones .

"Stress contributes to your dreams . Actually anything happening around you contributes to your dreams ." He says .

"I'll be sure to not breathe ." I reply sarcastically .

"Amelia don't talk to Cole like that ." My mother scolds from her chair .

"It's fine Mrs Johnson ." Doctor May says to my mother .

"You're free to go Em , I would just like to talk to your mom for a second ." He says .

I get up from the bed in his office and make my way to the empty corridor considering that it's four in the morning . I close the door lightly behind me but as soon as I turn around I bump into someone .

"Oh damn sorry , are you alright ?" The guy asks me helping me up from the floor .

"You've got me falling for you ." I chuckle balancing myself .

"Very funny ." He chuckles .

"Are you alright ? That was a pretty sore fall ." He says chuckling a bit .

"Yeah , I'm good thanks ." I smile taking a good look at him .

He has short brown hair that reaches right above his neck in a comb over , practically covering his eyebrows . His arms are filled with tattoos right until his shoulder . I look at his his buff body and that's when I realize that this guy is really good looking .

"Amelia , let's go ." My annoying mother interrupts my ogling eyes .

"I'm sorry once again ." The tattooed guy says walking into Doctor May's office .

"So what did you and Cole talk about ?" I ask her .

"Nothing important . You know for a person who has a hole in their heart you're pretty heartless ." My mother rolls her eyes .

"Firstly it's Ventricular Septal Disease and lastly I am missing a piece of my heart so I can be as heartless as I want ." I roll my eyes at her .

"Don't give up yet Amelia , they will fix you up . Just get healthy and we'll have your surgery ." She sighs .

"I don't want it , I researched it and the rate of living is low . I might as well die because I am a burden aren't I ?" I chuckle sarcastically .

"Your dad and I are saving up Amelia , you know that money is an issue ." She sighs getting into the car .

I ignore her for the rest of the ride home and as soon as we reach the house I walk upstairs without straining my heart . Running or walking fast is a risk on its own , so let's say I don't want to commit suicide . I get back into bed and fall into a deep slumber that I've been needing for a while now .