Chapter 28

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"Good morning ." My excited mother bursts through the double doors of my room .

"Hey ma ." I smile at her .

"How are you Sweety ?" She asks chuckling a bit .

"Don't you ever have one name for me ?" I groan sitting up .

"You know what's ironic and funny ? You said that to me about two months ago . You asked don't I have one pet name for you ?" She asks chuckling .

"It's good to see that forgotten me is kind of the same person that I am right now ." I say sarcastically but she mistakes it as sadness .

"Hey Sweety , don't say that . You will remember ." She pushes my black hair behind my ears .

"Mom , I was joking ." I say a bit angry .

"Oh , I'm sorry . Uhm I have to help you into your clothes ." She says coming to the left side of the bed so that we can walk to the bathroom .

She helps me off of the bed taking me straight to the dull bathroom . As soon as we get there she tells me to take a seat on the toilet seat while she washes me off , just like everyday . I hate that I'm so useless right now but I know that it's for the best at the moment . When we're finally done with everything she helps me into clothes that don't need me stretching much which is a hoodie and sweatpants .

"Okay , so your dad is signing your discharge papers . I'm sure he's done now , let's go ." My mom says .

"What about the flowers ?" I ask looking at the pretty proteas and roses I got from different people I didn't even know existed .

"You'll put them on your lap ." She says and I take a seat on the wheelchair while she piles up the proteas , the roses and the stuffed animals .

"Thank you mom ." I sniff taking one more look at the room .

She pushes me until we reach the car and my dad helps me into the car putting the gifts in the backseat with me . As soon as we reach home I'm taken into my room where a drip and I'm guessing a heart monitor has already been put . I found out when I woke up that I still need the drip and a heart monitor so that's why they have been placed here . Apparently I needed to be in a comfortable place but these two items were needed .

A nurse is always going to come in the morning and leave in the afternoon swapping with another one . I know , story of my life .

I walk into my bedroom to see it looking the same but there's a new edition to the room , a huge caramel teddy bear is placed on my bed . I smile wanting to hear how I got this little buddy .

"Okay honey , there's going to a few people coming to see you today . If you don't feel comfortable with them being around let me know ." Mom smiles pulling blankets over me , and putting the drip on and the clip for the heart monitor .

"I see we're back to honey ." I grin making her laugh .

"I'm not joking Em ." She laughs taking a seat on the bed .

"Neither am I . Who could possibly want to see me except Grandpa , Grandma , Tyler and Zion ?" I ask being my inquisitive self .