Chapter 12

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

The rest of the school day went by quite fast and I was soon home sitting on my bed . Instead of having a usual day with Tyler by my side he was at football practice because of the game he has tonight .

I was still deciding on whether or not to go but I decided that I would sleep on it so I made myself some cornflakes and watched television for about three hours . When I meant sleeping I meant being a lazy person and watching television . Isn't that sleeping in some way ?

At around five I go up to my room where I pull a hoodie over my outfit and I grab a black beanie Incase it becomes windy . I instantly walk down to the car in the driveway and I send my mom a quick text .

Me @17:55
Mom , I went to Tyler's football game . Since it's a school night I'll probably be back before 9 . Enjoy your shift .

My mom replies almost immediately .

Mommy dearest @17:56
Okay hunny , please be safe and I hope you're warm .

Instead of replying to her , I adjust the car seat and I drive slowly to the school . I didn't let Tyler know that I was going to watch the match but it's better to surprise him I guess . I instantly arrive at school and I see that there's only one parking space left so I park the car happy with this luck I've gotten .

I quickly get out of the car and I can hear the cheers from the sports field so I let my legs guide me there to see that we're only two minutes into the game . I take a seat in the middle where I get the perfect view . I sit there feeling out of place but it kind of feels good having to see Tyler play and I know I've only been here for a second but Tyler is really amazing . Every time he gets the ball and the other team tackles him I kind of jump .

"Ouch ." I voice out my thoughts .

"Nah don't worry , Tyler is a hard shell to crack ." Someone next to me says .

"I know but it looks like it hurts ." I say lowly but  loud enough for him to hear .

"The idiot probably deserves it ." He says and I don't miss his Irish accent as he speaks .

"Amelia , it's nice to meet you ." I extend my hand for him to shake .

"Zion , it's a pleasure to meet you too Amelia ." He smiles and I don't know why but his smile makes butterflies erupt in my stomach .

He coughs and speaks up breaking me from my trance .

"Are you by chance the Amelia who spends almost everyday with my brother ?" He asks looking to the field .

"I'm sorry but who is your brother ?" I blush but smile .

"Tyler ." He says and my eyes widen in realization .

"Oh my ! You're Zion , as in Zion !" I say a bit too loud earning looks from other people .

"He's spoken about me before ?" He raises an eyebrow making chuckle .

"Nope , I've just had the pleasure of seeing your name on his fingers ." I tell him truthfully .

"Well I'm his older brother ." He laughs with a slight shrug .