Chapter 72

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

After passing out , I could hear my mom coming into the room in a rush along with my dad .

I woke up changed into some pajamas and I heard the moment my parents started talking about me . They were whispering but I knew that it was about me . I heard my moms slight sniffles and I heard my dad telling her that everything is going to be alright . I heard them leave the bedroom . I heard Tyler come back into the bedroom apologizing to my 'sleeping' figure and I heard the moment he left .

My heart was sore . I hadn't accepted the fact that I was dying , maybe it's because I've got a good life . A few years back I wouldn't have minded it because I was burden to my parents but today I do mind it . I didn't want to leave them .

I hear my door opening and closing softly but I don't open my eyes . I wanted to be left alone . I feel the bed dipping quite close to me and before he touches me I smell him . He takes my hand in his and starts talking .

"I remember when I visited you in the hospital and I couldn't even form sentences that made sense , that was funny . Although it was embarrassing it made you smile and that's what I'm living for , to make you smile , I couldn't believe that I had made you smile and that's when I realized that I wanted to make you smile and laugh forever . I want to tell you something , those nights we were together I couldn't see myself not having you close to me every night , I couldn't see myself actually functioning without you . One night I held you so close to my body because I had to make sure you were there but all those other nights all I did was try to imagine my life without you and I broke down into tears . I know you're probably questioning yourself how can this guy say this ? He's older than me plus we haven't know each other for long so how did he live his life and now he's saying this ? ."

"Well let me tell you , as soon as you entered my life that's when it hit me that i am happy . I looked at my life before you came along and I realized how unhappy I was so yes as cheesy as it sounds , I won't be able to function without you in my life and that's the reality of it all . I don't want go to bed without you in this world . I don't care where we are but I need you to be here physically too . I'm tired of having to cry every night because it hits me that I won't have this for much longer . If there is any other way we can help you in trying and I'm looking for the best doctors in the world . I just can't let you go , as selfish as it sounds I can't . So sunshine please do not ever scare me like that ever again, I would have hated if I didn't have the necessary resources to come and see you just to make sure that you're alright ." He says kissing my hand which makes me cry .

"I really don't want to die Zion ." My voice has a hard scratch and he leaves the bedroom .

He quickly comes back and gives me water that I drink greedily .

"Thank you ." I tell him giving him the glass .

"Please don't ever scare me like that ever again ." He says looking down at me .

"Lay down with me ." I tell him and he pulls me to the side .

"I want you to listen to my heartbeat ." I request and he puts his head on my chest .

"Your heart is beating so slowly ." He tells me and I nod my head .

"Yes , that's how it has been for the past 10 years ." I tell him with a sad smile .

"Please don't scare me like that ever again . I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you and I wasn't around ." He holds my cheeks and I let him .

"I'm sorry , I don't know what got into me ." I tell him .

"It's okay to want to spend time with your best friend baby , he was inconsiderate for doing that to you . Now that it's over and done with , I'm happy that I can spend my time in Cork with you though ." He says and I smile putting my hand over his hand that's still on my cheek .

"I would love that baby ." I smile .

"I'm tired ." I smile at him .

"I suggest you answer your phone , it's been going off ." He says and I check my phone to see give messages from Tyler .

Tyler is a sexy beast @22:35
Amelia !

Tyler is a sexy beast @22:40
Please let me know once you're awake .

Tyler is a sexy beast @22:50
I'm really worried about you and I'm sorry for that .

Tyler is a sexy beast @22:59
I'm really sorry . I don't like fighting with you .

Tyler is a sexy beast @23:11
Sleep tight .

I contemplate on whether or not I should answer to the messages . I decide on sending him a simple message .

Me @23:16
Hey , yeah sorry . I just woke up .
We'll talk tomorrow , sleep tight . <3

I switch off my phone entirely and I turn to see Zion falling asleep .

"Did you leave your dinner just for me ?" I whisper while tracing his scar .

"Yes , you're more important than a dinner ." He tells me and I smile .

"You're going to fall asleep in your clothes , get changed ." I tell him .

"Who says I'm staying the night ?" He gives me a lazy smile .

"Well I'm not letting you drive in such a condition ." I tell him rolling on top of him and putting my legs on his sides .

He puts his arms around my waist pulling me impossibly closer and that's all I think about before we both fall asleep .

• • •
-Fifiloe

It's a short chapter , I know I'm sorry . I'll try again next time 😂 . Uhm anyways that's a cute way of falling asleep . I would probably suffocate my imaginary mans if I slept on him like that 😂😂😂 . Please vote ❤️

01/04/19