Chapter 54

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

If I may say , today is the most awkward day ever . The day where everyone sings to you and you literally have no idea what to do , should I smile ? Should I sing along ? Should I cry ? Should I just run away ? I don't know . Today is my eighteenth birthday and I still haven't felt the buzz anyone has talked about . Well maybe it's because it's only a minute past midnight but I still don't feel older .

"Happy birthday to you ." My parents sing as I smile awkwardly at them .

"Thank you ." I say with an awkward smile .

"So your dad and I didn't know what to get you so we've sent you money ." She shrugs and I actually laugh out loud .

Finally , they understand that I need money now more than ever . I give them each a hug .

"Yeah I'm going back to bed ." My mom yawns giving me a kiss on the head .

My dad gives me a hug and he looks down at me .

"I cannot believe you're so grown . I'm happy that you're here Amelia ." He says and I give him a hug .

"You have no idea how much that means to me papa ." I say with tears streaming down my cheeks .

"I love you sweety ." He kisses my head walking out .

My phone on my bed side table rings and I see that it's a FaceTime from Zion . I answer it and he starts singing .

"You know , I feel like I told you that I don't like the singing part ." I laughed wiping my tears .

"Baby is my voice that awful ?" He laughs and I nod my head .

"You have no idea ." I laugh .

"Happy birthday Sunshine , you're so grown now . I mean look at you ." He says .

"Thank you Zion ." I smile .

"Don't cry ." He says with a small smile .

"I guess I'm emotional , and I hate that we can't spend my eighteenth together but it's part of the job ." I smile sadly at him .

"I'm so sorry I can't be there but I'll make Saturday after the gender reveal party a very special evening for you ." He says promising me .

"Okay ." I smile .

I see an incoming call from my grandfather and it instantly makes me smile .

"Hey look , I gotta go . My grandfather is calling ." I say .

"Okay we'll talk later ." He says and I answer my grandfathers call .

Him and I spend two hours on the phone talking about all my birthdays and how we've celebrated them . It's honestly amazing having my grandpa around and he seems so healthy . I finally get off of the call and I see a long paragraph from Tyler which makes me really emotional . I read more messages and reply happily to them , I finally decide to sleep so I lay in bed and my phone vibrates . I open up my messages to see that it's from Zion .