Chapter 48

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

I wake up feeling a lot better and I smile thinking about yesterday . I look at the time beside me and I note that it's about ten so I get up to take a shower . When I come back into the room I see Mary cleaning up and I greet her with a small smile . Since I don't really have anything productive to do today I'll just go baby reveal party shopping with Lauren .

Me @11:01
Hey , are you working today ?

Lauren answers instantly .

Lauren @11:01
Hey , no I'm not . What's up ?

Me @11:02
I've been pulled out of school and I need to go baby shower/gender reveal party shopping . I thought why not ? *laughing faces*

Lauren @11:03
I understand *peaceful face* .
11 Parkview street Rosewood South .

Me @11:04
I'll see you in a few .

"Mary ! I'm going out today ." I say to her and she smiles .

She didn't really talk much and it was weird . All she did was nod and smile but I liked that she liked to keep her business her business . I grab a jungle bar and an apple taking the keys with me . Since dad has been using my car , I've been using his . I mean I'm not complaining but I miss my small car .

I get into the car and put Lauren's address in the GPS and I drive off . Halfway through the way there I get a call from my mom .

"Hey mommy ." I say taking a left .

"Hey , how are you ?" I could hear the smile in her voice .

"I'm good thanks and yourself ?" I ask .

"I'm good thanks . I just wanted to check up on you ." She says .

"Oh yeah I saw the card that you left for me so I thought Lauren and I could go shopping for gender reveal party ." I sigh stopping outside of Andrews house .

"Yeah , you might as well use your time wisely . I'll see you later ." She hangs up before I can even reply .

I walk out of the car closing the door behind me and I walk up Andrews porch knocking lightly on the door . Lauren opens up with her smile and I hug her before we walk back to the car . She plugs her phone in and she plays random songs while I drive to the mall . By the time we arrive at the mall we see that it's not full so that would be easier .

"Okay , so I was thinking that we could get blue and pink decorations at the moment neither mum and I know what that gender is so we will be surprised along with the guest . I was also thinking that we could get pink and blue cupcakes ." I suggest to Lauren while we walk to The Party Store .

"Okay let's do this . Every mom wants this type of stuff for their baby shower thing so I'll give my perspective too Okay ?"

"This is why I brought you along ." I shrug laughing .

We get two sachets that say Mother to be which is blue and pink . We get blue and pink decorations , party hats and more blue and pink stuff . I didn't know that preparing this would be so much work . Luckily The Party Store was cheap so it wasn't really a strain on mom's bank accounts . We pay for the stuff and go put them in the car , Lauren and I decide to place the order for the cupcakes and the cake now instead of doing last minute things because apparently I'm a control freak ? That's more of Zion's side of the story .