Epilogue

Deceived Heart

Song: six feet under- Billie Eilish

Zions POV:

I look down at the grey stone and I wipe it with a cloth before I sit on it. Even after ten years, I would come to the graveyard just to talk to her.

I take out the worn out envelope, opening it up. I knew the letter by head now, given that it's been 10 years since it all happened.

"Dear Zion,

I don't even know what to say, where do I even begin? I mean for starters, I don't remember how I met you which really sucks but we've made up for that.

I don't want this letter to make you cry, I want it to be a constant reminder of the good life that we had. I appreciate you in my life Zion, and I constantly want you to remember that this isn't your fault. I know that you're going to find a way to blame yourself but I don't want you to do that. It was a decision that I had made.

This is hard to write, but remember that you're young Mr Jones. So I want you to move on, I want you to find someone you'll love and cherish. Promise that you're going to give her the best of both worlds. Just because you're moving on, it doesn't mean that you're forgetting all of the things that we went through. What we've been through will forever live on.

I may have not been your first love but if I wasn't sick, I know that I would have been your forever. I cherish what we have Zion and every time you read this letter, don't read it in the past tense. You reading this letter means that I'm no longer here and I want you to be alright with that, I want you to accept that I am not here.

As selfish as it was for me to not want any treatment, it was because I didn't want to give anyone false hope, it would have sucked for us to have had false hope and I had really accepted my death many years ago. I just didn't realize that this would have happened between us, I didn't plan to fall in love with you.

I remember when you told me the story of how we met, from my perspective I think it's because I fell in love with your beautiful eyes. The dullness of your green eyes caught my attention because I had not met someone with green eyes that weren't as bright as they usually are. The blue in them mesmerized me and I'm sure I didn't say anything but stare at you. I may have not told you this but your eyes are my favorite.

I love how I can see your every emotion through those green eyes, and I love how they sparkle when you're excited. The tinge of blue shows in them and it makes me truly happy. My Zion, you're my best friend. You've been with me through thick and thin, personally I wouldn't fall in love with a sick person because you don't know what would happen but you knew and you didn't look at me differently. You looked at me as though I would live till we grow old.

You were there when I lost my best friend just weeks before I go, you became my best friend and I'm going to be forever grateful for you. I hate that we are going to have to live without each other but I hope our happy memories remind you that we lived a good life.

I may say that you have to move on and as upsetting as it sounds because you're going to fall in love, I know that you're not going to forget our time together.

So Mr Zion Jones, this is my goodbye letter to you. I love you so much my love, you mean the world to me.

Love,
Your Sunshine"

I put the letter back in it's envelope before I look up at her headstone. I read the words written on smiling to myself.

"Here lies Amelia Dakota Johnson/Jones. Friend, daughter, and lover. You'll be missed dearly."

"I know, it was your moms choice. She said something about a letter and what you wanted on your headstone. I like it though, it looks perfect." I smile putting sunflowers on her tombstone.

"Well uhm, I met someone a few months ago. I know, you're probably thinking why it's taken me so long but I couldn't find it in me to be with someone who wasn't like you. It's either she looked the same as you but I expected her to be like you, it was kind of hard having to move on because I know that deep down, you're the love of my life."

"So uhm yes, I met this lady. She's really nice, you would have liked her. I'm very happy with her and I don't know but she's completely different. She has a different perspective on everything and I guess that's what drew me to her. I told her about you, we talk about you everyday and she understands that my heart cannot be fully hers but she said she's willing to share." I chuckle imagining Amelia laughing at that.

"I miss you Amelia, I really do. I don't know what else to say but I want you to know that I'll forever love you. You will forever be in my heart sunshine." I say before standing up.

I dust off my pants before looking at her stone once more before leaving the cemetery. I walk to the car where I drive home and the first picture I see when I enter is a picture of Amelia and I laughing.

"You're back so soon." My mom smiles.

"Well I just didn't have much to say." I say sadly walking into my house.

"Understandable. Lunch is almost done." She pats my cheek before walking away.

I look at the portrait of her and I and I feel a presence behind me.

"She really was the greatest person I've ever met." Tyler mumbles behind me.

"I know." I say sadly before walking to the bedroom to see a picture of her and I on the dresser.

"Zion! Clem is here!" My mom shouts from downstairs and I quickly walk down to see my girlfriend in the foyer.

"Hey, come on. Lunch is almost ready." I say grabbing her hand.

"How was your trip to the graveyard?" She asks walking alongside me.

"It was refreshing, I could feel her presence with me. I told her about you." I mumble and she smiles squeezing my hand which made me remember my sunshine.

I go into the dining room to see Tyler, Mr and Mrs Johnson and my family seated having a small conversation. I see Jasper and Zoe in the corner which makes me smile reminding me of her. Everything reminded me of her but it didn't make my heart feel heavy, my heart felt happy and calm, knowing that she would be proud of the person I am today.

We dish up and pray before we all toast to the one person who kept us all happy.

"To Amelia."

• • •
-Fifiloe
I'm crying so hard right now 💔

Ughhh this ending sucks but there you have it. The final chapter of Deceived Heart.

Thank you all for giving this book a shot, it really is appreciated. I love you all. ❤️

12/11/19