Chapter 27

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

I sat in the cold bed listening to the sound of the heart monitor . I see the door opening but I don't look who it is because I know that it's not Tyler or Zion and that would lead to disappointment .

"Good morning Em , how did you sleep ?" Doctor May smiles widely at me .

"Why are you giving me that freakish grin ? It's kind of scaring me ." I say with a serious tone making him chuckle .

"That is why you're my favorite patient ." He smiles .

"I slept alright how about you ?" I answer his previous question .

"I slept well thanks for asking . So I have good news ." He says walking closer to the bed .

"Yes ?" I say eager to hear the news .

"You're being discharged early ." He smiles at me .

"When exactly is early ?"

"Tomorrow morning ." He says .

"That is great news . No more icky food that makes me want to commit suicide ." I say sarcastically .

"I also have bad news ." He sighs .

"Let it out Doc ."

"Bed rest for four to six weeks . When I mean bed rest I mean you stay in your bed and the only time you're going to leave is when you have to go bath or use the toilet . No physical activities Em ." He scolds me as if I'm his child but I guess I'm practically his child .

"Okay Doc , I understand ." I smile .

"I'm going to miss you ." I smile sadly at him .

"Same here Em ." He smiles walking out of the room .

An hour later a nurse walks in with a tray of food and I actually groan out loud at the thought of more hospital food .

"It's cereal , I know you hate oats ." The nurse says and I grin at her .

"You're an angel sent from God ." I tell her taking the bowl from her hands .

"Don't tell anyone though , it's just our secret ." She says winking .

"My lips are sealed ." I act like I'm locking my lips throwing the key away .

She winks at me then leaves the room . I finally look down at my bowl and I actually squeal . I'm not just looking at cornflakes , what I'm looking at is a chocolate goodness of loops . Coco Pops fill my bowl with the milk already turning a chocolate brown . I enjoy the bowl of cereal in peace while I watch some Telenovela on the television even though I don't know what's going on .

The door opens as soon as I'm done with my cereal to reveal my parents with small smiles on their faces . I place the bowl on the table right in front of me crossing my arms as if I'm angry but then my smile deceives me . They take a seat on the right side so I turn my body to face them .

"Good morning honey ." My mom smiles grabbing my cold hand into hers .

"Morning ma , morning pa ." I smile actually happy that I'm leaving tomorrow .