Chapter 39

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

Tyler and I have been sitting in the bed wrapped around each other practically reading the book to one another .

"Oh my gosh , this guy is freaky ." My cheeks turn red at what we just read .

"Amelia ." My mom comes in with a smile .

"Mother ." I look up at her .

"You need to take your afternoon pills , so do you Tyler ." She sighs handing us our pills .

"I never thought we would be doing this ." I laugh taking my pill dry .

"Mom I'm hungry ." I groan listening to my stomach .

"Ugh you annoying kids , let's get you some food shall we ?" She says .

"Yeah , that would be amazing El ." Tyler smiles at my mom .

"Burgers and chips !" I sing out loud enough for her to hear me .

"No !" She scolds walking out with a small smile on her lips .

"What a bore !" I groan crossing my arms .

"Hey , so can we talk about the day after the whole arm incident ?" I ask him turning my body to look at him .

"Well you were fine in the morning but your mother said if it wasn't better by the end of the school day you would get stitches , but your idiot self forgot your pills at home after the first lesson . We went back to your house but your mom was there and you were bleeding out so you got stitches and said it's so cool and stuff you are actually weird ." He shrugs .

"And you're only realizing this now Mr Jones ?" I smirk at him but end up laughing .

"I tell you this at least once a day ." He rolls his eyes at me .

"Don't be all sassy , and you look gay . Not that being gay is bad I actually find it cute . I think I may want a gay friend , do I have any gay friends ?" I perk up at him .

"Calm down darling , I don't know of any gay friends you have except for Freya but I think she's bisexual right now . I'm not sure ." He smiles .

"I actually haven't seen her since I came out of the hospital ." I say a bit down .

"She had exams and during the holidays she's never here but I cannot say that you two were friends or anything ."

"She mentioned that , but what does that mean ?" I rub my painful head .

"You two were more of acquaintances than anything . You became closer throughout your time at school but you didn't chill with her ."

"Did I find her awkward or something ?"

"I don't think so , only you knew that ." He shrugs .

"Hey I wanna leave and have chocolate cake because I am craving it !" I squeal in his ear .

"Are you trying to kill me ?" He deadpans .