Chapter 76

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV

I woke up with pounding headache and I could actually feel my head beating. I groaned and I looked outside to find it light outside.

"Good. You're awake." My mom says from the corner of the bedroom.

"Can you not be a creep mom?" I chuckle throwing a pillow at her.

"I've got a pounding headache." I tell her before she could respond.

"Well that is normal given the fact that you're going for your fluid check today and guess who offered to take you." She chuckles.

"If it's not Zion then I'm not up for it." I groan.

"Well I'm actually hurt Amelia." I heard Jacobs voice by the door.

"Let's get you in the bath sweety." My mom says once she's closer to me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Jacob.

"Well I told you that I was going to see you tomorrow, which is today." He says in a duh voice and I raise my middle finger up at him.

"You've got a whole business to run, I don't know why you would want to spend your day with me. Especially today." I say.

"I'll talk to you in the car." He says and my mom walks me into the bathroom.

"I don't like that guy." I whisper to her and she laughs.

"Yes you do." She chuckles.

"True but I prefer Zion, I miss him." I tell her sadly.

"Well go buy a card today. I don't know why you guys can't Skype." She tells me helping me into the bath.

"That's actually a great plan. You're not so old after all." I laugh and she lightly hits my bare back.

We quickly finish up in the bathroom and I'm soon dressed and in Jacobs car once again. As soon as we get to the hospital they take me into a completely different room compared to the one I usually go to back at home. I sit for the hours there and I'm taken back home where I log into my laptop because I wanted to Skype Zion.

I hit the call button and he answers after the second ring.

"Hey Sunshine." He smiles at me and I look at his clean chin.

"What happened to the stubble?" I ask him weakly.

"I had to shave it." He chuckles and I smile lightly at him.

"Hey Amelia What would you like to eat?" Jacob asks me and I turn around to look at him.

"Anything is fine thank you." I say weakly to him.

"Who's that?" Zion asks once he leaves.

"That's Jacob, a close family friend of ours." I tell him laying my head on the pillow.

"How have you been?" He changes the subject.

"Well yesterday I had fun, we usually help at the store. That's where the family is because Jacob suggested he stay with me and take care of me." I chuckle.