Chapter 3

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"Knock it off Jones ." Freya says from beside me .

"Is she alright ? She looks a bit flushed ." Jones says to Freya .

"Yeah , she's alright . Just give her some time to breathe properly ." Freya says calmly .

"I'm alright ." I whisper .

"Well I'm Tyler , it's nice to meet you ." He gives me his tattooed hand .

"Em , it's nice to meet you ." I say looking up at him .

"Wait , aren't you that girl I mistakenly bumped into at the hospital the other day ?" He asks remembering me .

"Yes , good memory there ." I smile slightly at him .

"Freya , I'm not feeling well ." I whisper to her feeling like I'm about to pass out .

She feels my forehead with her cold hand and she puts her hand on my neck .

"Your heart is beating way too slow . Is that normal ?" She asks and I start seeing black spots around and I look at her confused .

"She's going to pass out , we need to get her out of here ." Tyler says to Freya .

They stand up and I'm soon taken into a dark place .

🌸

"Beep , beep , beep ." That's the only sound I dread in my life .

"Hey Amelia ." Someone on my right says and I slowly open my eyes to find Tyler sitting there .

"Hey Tyler , what are you doing here ?" I ask looking around the whole hospital room .

"I couldn't leave until I found out that you're alright ." He says making his green eyes become a shade darker .

"Well I'm alive ." I shrug .

"So what is wrong with you ?" He asks and I see his jaw is clenched with his hands flat on the arm rest .

"Do I have a choice ?" I ask him .

"You do , you don't have to tell me if you don't want . I mean you don't know me so I don't expect you to trust me ." He shrugs but his body seems tense .

"Amelia , you're awake ." My mother walks in smiling with her eyes red around .

"Mom what have I told you about crying ?" I chuckle sitting up .

"I don't want you going to school anymore ." She states and my eyes widen .

"Mom , I swear it was going well . It's just history that's upstairs ." I groan thinking about those four flights of stairs .

"Don't they have another history class ?" She takes a seat on my left side .

"I don't know , I didn't get around much ." I sigh .