Chapter 75

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV:

"What?" I say to the man while he leads me to his car. I know that it's not safe to be going into a strangers car but something about him felt safe.

"They told me that you were sick but I didn't think that you'd forget me." He chuckles driving out.

"What do you mean? I ask him.

"It's Jacob." He tells me and I try to figure out where I know a Jacob from. We get to the shop before I can figure it out and he gets out before I can ask him to elaborate.

"Mrs Jones." He says as soon as he enters the shop.

"I should have known that it was you when Amelia mentioned something about down the street." My granny says hitting his cheeks lightly.

"Maybe I just want to pay for everything since you always let me leave here without paying." He tells her and she pulls him to a table in the back of the corner. Maria walks out with a tray that has two coffees and two muffins, she sets it down on their table and lets them be.

I help out in the shop while I try to figure out who Jacob is. The only Jacob I remember was a rude boy who has a twin names Jonathan, that's pretty much it. They had blonde hair but this man has black hair meaning that it can't be him. When I was younger I used to have a crush on Jacob even though he was a bum to people. I quickly wipe my hands with a tissue and I get their empty mugs.

"Amelia, do you remember Jacob?" My granny says as soon as I'm close to her.

"Honestly? I don't. I only remember Jacob and Johnathan. The ones that used to live next door to your house Grammy, do you remember?" I ask taking a seat instead.

"Oh you silly girl." My Grammy says.

"Go have food, you've already missed your morning pills." She tells me with a chuckle and I frown trying to remember the man in front of me.

"It doesn't make sense for him to be Jacob because Jacob was only five years older than me, although he's really good looking and he doesn't look old, this Jacob looks 21." I say honestly.

"Interesting." Jacob with the black hair says.

"Plus the Jacob I knew was naturally blonde and he was a bum unlike this Jacob." I say getting frustrated.

I just leave the table with the mugs and saucers taking them to the kitchen. I wash my hands and I quickly make a sandwich so that I can take my pills which I left at home meaning that I'll have to walk back.

"Grammy, where's mom and dad?" I ask her.

"They went out, I think to make a delivery or something." She shrugs not looking at me.

"I think I'm going to head home, I left my pills there." I tell her and she finally looks up at me.

"I'm sure Jacob wouldn't mind taking you home. Right Jacob?" She says still looking at me.

"Not at all Mrs Jones." He smiles looking at me.

"I'll see you later." I tell her.