Chapter 82

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV:

I wake up unable to to feel the left side of my body, I could feel that it was still there but it felt as though someone was on me and I couldn't get out from underneath it. I start freaking out so I start patting on Zion as I try to calm myself down thinking that maybe it just my muscles need to be stretched. He wakes up and he looks at me worriedly.

"What's wrong?" He sits up in the bed.

"I can't feel half of my body." I cry out in pain and I see him run out of the bedroom.

My mom runs in with my dad who looks worried behind her.

"Okay Amelia, tell me if you can feel this." She says moving her hand on the left side of my body and I cry out in pain.

"Mom!" I scream in pain feeling as though my body is burning. It was too painful.

"We need to get her to the hospital." My mom rushes out and Zion instantly picks up my body and rushes down the stairs and into his car.

My dad quickly drives to the hospital and I cry out in pain at this weird feeling. We finally reach the hospital and since it was around 2 in the morning there weren't any doctors besides four who don't deal with cardiology.

"Page doctor May." My mom shouts crying at the receptionist who does what she's told.

They quickly put me on a gurney and they transport me into a private room. I scrunch my body up sitting in a fetal position trying to endure the pain. Ten minutes later, they manage to put my drip in along with an oxygen mask. In order for me not to feel pain, they injected anesthesia into my drip.

I start feeling a bit drowsy and the last thing I see is Zion looking at me with red eyes as though he had been crying.

🌸

I open my eyes up slowly and I feel a bit better able to move my left side.

"Where am I?" I ask looking around the room but I'm not able to see anyone.

"Hey sweety, we're in the hospital." My dad says holding onto my hand.

"Why?" I ask tiredly.

"Do you not remember?" He asks.

"I do, I'm asking why I couldn't feel my body." I ask him.

"Your heart is failing, which is causing your organs to not receive the right amount of blood flow. It wasn't anything serious but you had a little less blood flow on the left of your body which is why you felt like that." He tells me.

"Go doctor Johnson." I chuckle holding onto his hand tighter.

"Daddy I'm scared." I cry out in pain.

"I know sweety but we have to hope for the best." He says and I see my dad cry.

"I love you so much, I know I don't tell you this often but I want you to hear this. I love you so much daddy and I'll forever be thankful for all of your hard work." I cry and he gives me a hug.