Chapter 26

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

There's a quiet knock on my door that wakes me up and I mutter a low come in .

"Oh I'm sorry , I didn't know that you were asleep ." A handsome man says with a slight blush .

"I'm sorry but do I know you ?" I question genuinely confused .

"Uhm I don't even know why I'm here , I just felt the need to see you ." He says .

"Calm down ." I chuckle at his uneasiness .

"Uhm hi ." He blushes .

"Hi ." I giggle hating the sound .

"Cute ." He says sitting on my left side .

"I still don't know who you are ." I smile slightly .

"Oh sorry , I'm Zion . I know I shouldn't expect you to remember me and all that stuff because I don't think I was important in your life but you were important in my life and having to see you that day like that was so awful and heartbreaking . I wish I could have come earlier but I didn't want to come off strong and all sorts so I left . I left when I shouldn't have left . I know we've only chilled a few times but you keep me sane , I don't know how but you do and I guess I'm rambling now and by the look on your face you find this amusing so I'm just going to leave ." He stands up and I laugh .

"Zion , wait ." I say with amusement in my voice .

"Yes Amelia ?" He turns around .

"It's nice to meet you ." I stretch my hand out and he takes it in his .

"Ouch ." I say at the static electricity that shocks us .

"Sorry ." He says and I smile .

"It's not your fault . Probably the blankets ." I look up at him .

"Right ."

"I'm curious as to how you got in here ." I give him a slight amused smile .

"Well you're not in ICU and I might have mentioned that my dad sent me here to get some files . Stupid nurses ." He laughs .

"Was the nurse female ?" I question .

"Yes , why ?"

"You probably smiled and she lost herself in your eyes ." I chuckle making him smile .

"Now what are you trying to say Amelia ?" He asks .

"Well I'm saying you're quite good looking Zion ." I tell him with no hidden agenda .

"Well you're looking a little rough around the edges , but nonetheless look amazing as usual ."

"How do I know you ?" I smile at him .

"Welllllllllllllll I'm Tyler's older brother ." He fills me in .

"That makes so much more sense ." I laugh .