Chapter 29

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"So this is not awkward at all ." I chuckle while I pee .

"Do you always have to make stuff awkward ?" He laughs .

"Well it would be awkward if you were looking at me . I just made it more awkward didn't I ?" I laugh .

"Yeah , you're a weird person Amelia ." He chuckles as I flush .

I pull my pants up making sure that I'm properly dressed . I walk to where he is and wash my hands .

"I'm done ." I smile at him .

"You're so cute ." He chuckles helping me into bed .

As soon as I'm tucked into the bed I hear the doorbell from downstairs .

"Where are my parents ?" I ask .

"They went to get groceries ." He says walking out of the room .

Two minutes later he walks back into the bedroom with takeouts and a can of cold drink  in one hand and a bottle water in the other hand .

"And then where are my grandparents ?" I ask him .

"Your grandparents wanted to get groceries with your parents because granny wants to bake , so we're home alone ." He smiles leaving the takeouts and drinks on the dresser . Finally ! Real food , I think .

"Get a movie ready while I get the dishes ." He says .

I close my eyes to see Tyler crying with his eyes red . I jump opening them to see him walking in .

"Your grandfather passed away on the day we had our first adventure ." I say not entirely questioning him .

"You remember ." He smiles handing me a plate .

"I guess so . You came over crying and I don't know what happened after that but you came to me ." I smile .

"I slept in the guest room but then you woke me up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare you were having . I ended up sharing the bed with you ." His cheeks turn red .

"You're blushing ." I smile .

"What happened after that ?" I ask him taking two spoons of the rice with chicken pieces and hot sauce .

"That's when you told me that stars calm you down because you looked up . Well you traced my protea tattoo and you seemed very into it . I think that's when you fell in love with proteas ." He says making me smile .

"You know I just realized something . I feel like I've always liked proteas but seeing your tattoo made me fall in love with the damn flower." I smile having a full spoon of the food .

"I guess you've always known . What was your favourite flower before that ?" He asks me with a smile on his face .

"I've always loved sunflowers ." I smile .

"Sunflowers huh . Is that why you got a tattoo of them recently ?" He chuckles .

"What ?!" I shout .