Chapter 37

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV : 

"Beep beep beep ." Was all I could hear and I instantly figured out where I was . The damn hospital .

I open my eyes and tried to adjust to the light in the white room . I fully open my eyes to see Tyler sitting next to me in a hospital gown .

"You look awful ." I chuckle .

"So do you ." He smiles .

"What happened ?" I ask moving to the side and I pat my bed gesturing that he comes in .

He stands up slowly and gets into the bed with me . I put my head on his chest .

"You had a panic attack ." He says tracing my hand .

"I know what happened to me . I'm talking about you ." I say sadly .

"A car accident ." He shrugs as if it's nothing .

"Tyler , don't take this lightly . What happened tonight ?" I sit up and look at him .

He plays with my fingers and sighs .

"You don't think this is your fault right ?" He asks looking at me .

"I feel like it is because I let you walk out of that door ." I wipe my cheeks .

"I had a fight that night with my dad . We've never fought but we fought and it was something so stupid . I thought I lost him so I knew you had my back but then I saw you texting that guy Micheal and then I remembered that I'm losing you to Zion . I'm not sure how exactly I feel about you having another guy in your life . I guess I was over thinking that means I wasn't focusing on the road . The other driver was however driving under the influence ." He tells me .

"Tyler ." I look at him .

"May we please not talk about it ." He tells me softly .

"Okay ."

"I'm sure he's in here ." I hear my mothers voice .

She walks in with Doctor Jones and they look at us with flushed faces .

"Did you run the marathon or something ?" I laugh .

"Practically . Tyler you shouldn't be here ." Doctor Jones says .

"Dad , I needed to see that she was alright ." He sighs .

I knew that Doctor Jones is Tyler's father but I didn't know him further than that . I know him as one of the doctors who had operated on me .

"Let's go ." Doctor Jones says .

"Okay ." Tyler sighs .

I help him up so that he can get back on the wheelchair . He tells me to come closer so I lean closer .

"I'll see you later ." He whispers to me then gives me a kiss on the cheek .

"So mother , how long have I been out for ?" I ask her .

"A few hours . Are you fine Sweety ? It scared me seeing you on that floor especially after your surgery ." She says .