Chapter 25

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

I wake up to the sound of movement in my room . I open my eyes regretting opening then because I have to adjust to the light . I open and close my eyes and when I finally see who is in front of me I get a huge grin on my face .

"Grandpa !" I squeal hugging him .

"Shush child ! I'm not supposed to be here ." He whispers making me laugh .

My grandfather has always been a rebel , that's one of the many things I love about him . He sits down on my chair placing his warm hand into my cold hand .

"I swear they aren't taking care of you ! I'm going to use my dads gun on them ." He shouts dramatically .

"What do you mean ? I am being taken care of ." I look at him worriedly .

"These hands of yours are cold , you look like you're dying ." He whispers looking around the room .

"Well I'm not dying anymore ." I fill him in .

"I know , now I don't have to eat your grandmothers cookies alone ." He says taking out a lunchbox filled with my grans famous ginger cookies .

He hands me one and takes one himself . We eat the cookie in silent enjoying that gingery taste on our tongues . We sit in a comfortable silence knowing that we don't have to talk to enjoy each other's company .

"Are you allowed to leave the room ?" He whispers .

"I'm not allowed to walk ." I whisper back entertained by this man .

"Well let's get you on a wheelchair ." He stands up grabbing a wheelchair in the corner of the room .

He helps me onto the chair and we're soon running to the elevators so that we don't get caught . In the elevator grandpa catches his breath and we start laughing at what just happened . He takes me to the cafe so that we can have tea with the cookie along with sweet stuff . We sit for about two hours until I see a familiar tattooed boy walk into the hospital with his hands in his jean jacket .

He sees us and makes his way to us looking a bit amused at the situation at hand . He takes a seat next to me while grandpa reads a newspaper .

"What are you doing here ?" I ask him with a whisper so that we don't disturb grandpa .

"I'm here to see you of course . I just wrote my first exam paper ." He tells me putting his bag on his lap .

"Oh , did I attend school with you ?" I ask .

"Yes you did . We shared all of our classes and we usually studied when we got to class ." He says smiling at me .

His phone rings which he picks up looking a bit surprised I'm guessing from the caller ID .

"We have to go back up . Your mom doesn't appreciate you and your grandfather sneaking out ." He laughs .

"Grandpa let's go ." I say to him and he stands up walking beside me while Tyler pushes the wheelchair I'm on .

"You know , my father fought in the First World War . He gave me his gun Emmy ." My grandfather says once we're in the elevator .