Chapter 46

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

I wake up in a dark room to see my mother sleeping in a chair by the corner of the room .

The reading light is on so that it cannot blind me and I look at the time on my phone to see that it's around ten in the evening . I've literally been sleeping for twelve hours which isn't normal given that I can only sleep for nine hours max .

"Mom ." I weakly say .

"Hey sweety ." She gets up from her chair coming closer to me .

"What's wrong with me ?" I cry .

"It seems to be a fever . You're going to be alright ." She smiles .

"Okay ." I wipe my tears lying on the bed with my mom .

"Energy drinks are a big no ." She chuckles next to me and I smile wiping my silent tears .

"I promise not to drink caffeinated drinks ." I sigh .

"You'll be alright love ." She kisses my cheek and I smile sadly .

"Where's Tyler ? Dad ?" I ask .

"I sent your dad home and Tyler is in the other room sleeping . He's been with you for hours ." She smiles .

"Are you stressed or what ?" She asks me .

"I just feel so tired . I thought I could have gotten rid of the jet lag by now ."

"If you're stressed you could tell me ."

"Mom I'm not stressed . What could I possibly be stressed about ?" I question her .

"Okay you're right but let me know if you aren't feeling better ." She sighs .

"So , Sarah's baby shower has to be next week and we haven't started anything . I've got her card in my bag ." I fill her in .

"Do you think is a boy or girl ?" I ask .

"Girl ." We both say in unison and we laugh .

"You're not going to school tomorrow . I don't want you passing out . I'll give the card to the party planners then we have to sort out cake , cupcakes , decorations and all that stuff ." My mom says and I sit up excited .

"Oooo I can't wait !" I squeal weakly .

"Okay , Zion cooked dinner and well you need to have food so that we can give you medication for fever ." She says .

"Okay ..."

"When was the last time you took your pills ?" She asks .

"Two weeks back . Doctor May said that until I finish the dosage I don't need to take anymore pills ." I fill her in .

"Okay . Well your forehead is burning up so I'll just say it's a fever for now ." She says walking out of the room .

Zion comes into the room and smiles at me .

"I almost died at your school ." He chuckles taking a seat on the bed .