Chapter 52

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

It was around six p.m and I was getting ready to go bowling with Lauren . My phone rings on my bedside table so I quickly run to it and press accept .

"Hello ?" I say breathlessly .

"Hey , So I know that it was supposed to be just the two of us but Andrew and Louis really wanted to come with us so is that fine ?" She nervously asks me .

"Hey , it's alright ." I laugh .

"Are you sure ?" She asks .

"Yeah , the more the merrier ." I say .

"Okay , I'll meet you at The Joint in thirty minutes ." She says and hangs up .

I immediately call Zion and he answers on the third ring .

"Hey Sunshine ." He says and I smile .

"How do you feel about going to bowling tonight ?" I ask him .

"That would be lovely . Should I pick you up ?" He asks .

"Yes please ."

"I'll be there in twenty minutes ." He hangs up and I quickly get dressed in a pair of black jeans , a black sweater , a jean jacket and my black Nike's .

My mind instantly goes to Tyler and I decide to send him a message .

Me @18:17
Hey , I know that we aren't on speaking terms but we're going to The Joint . You and Cassandra may come if you would like to .

I see that he immediately reads my text but he doesn't reply . I guess he's not coming .

I hear a car horn outside and I guess it's Zion so I skip down the stairs and I close the door behind me quickly locking it up . I walk to the car and the door is opened for me .

"Thank you ." I smile at him .

"Hey look we're matching ." Zion notes as I buckle up .

"We read each other's minds from so far ." I gasp and he laughs taking my hand in his .

The rest of the ride is silent and I enjoy the feeling between Zion and I . We arrive at The Joint where I see Lauren and her family , Tyler and Cassandra too . I smile at him and he actually smiles back . I personally didn't have a problem with Cassandra and Tyler together because I saw it coming , I guess I got myself prepared for what was to come . I'm actually so undecided .

"You said you didn't touch him ." I whisper to Zion .

"He had to be restrained somehow ." He shrugs with a small laugh .

"Idiot ." I hit him on his shoulder .

"Hey guys ." I greet the group who seems excited for competition .

"Oh my gosh this is going to be so fun ." Lauren squeals like a baby .

"Well let's get moving shall we ?" Cassandra says and Lauren raises her eyebrow in my direction .