Chapter 74

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV:

As soon as we landed in London, mom had practically run out of the plane with no explanation. I kind of figured out what was wrong with her and I remember having a talk with Zion about her plus we always have short plane rides. At every opportunity we get we use the train instead of flying.

"Mom is afraid of heights." I shout to my dad excited that I figured it out.

"It took you long enough honey." He laughs ruffling up my hair.

"Wait but how is she afraid of heights if she once had to attend to someone who had to be taken to another hospital with the helicopter?" I ask him taking all of our suitcases and handing his and moms to him.

"She told you half of the story." He laughs and I frown. That was my favorite story when I was younger because I really looked up to mom. I had seen her in a different light because she was saving lives but imagine on a helicopter.

"I'm not going to say anything about it though, I still look up to her." I smile up at dad.

"Woah I really needed the toilet hey." My mom reaches us with a smile.

"What time do we have to board the train?" Mom asks my dad.

"In an hour so we can have lunch even though it's late." He chuckles and we follow him to a restaurant in the airport.

We walk to a restaurant that mostly smells like coffee and we order our food with small chatter. It kind of sucked because I was back on my eating plan and I was back to having to take pills after every meal. That little taste of freedom I had earlier on when I wasn't on a eating plan nor pills had gotten me out of control because I had found it hard to actually go back to eating healthier. Our food comes faster than we expected and we're soon eating.

"So you do realize that us going to Paris means that we're going to work the entire week right?" My dad says sending me a hard look that makes me smile nervously.

"Granny and Grandpa pay us plus we get free desserts." I shrug making mom laugh.

"Do you think they are going to try and pay us again this year?" Dad asks mom.

"I still don't understand why they insist on paying us, it's a family business." I chuckle.

"There no family in business." My mom says having a sip of her juice.

"Mmmhhh that's very profound of you mom." I say.

"I read it on something earlier on." She says and we laugh.

"I think we should get going." My dad says.

We quickly thank the waitress and pay the bill and we make our way to the other side of the airport that has railways leading to different places. We get there and they take our suitcases to put them away.

"Tickets please." The lady says and dad gives her three tickets.

She stamps them and we move to our seats.

"I think you should sleep, the pills are going to knock you out either way." My mom says and I take out my small pillow and lay it on the side of the window leaning on it. I feel my eyes start to feel heavy and I'm soon knocked out.