Chapter 65

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"So how long do I have to live ?" I ask Doctor May .

"Two months tops but the last month is going to be rough hence I think it would be best for you to have your fluid check so that it won't be as sore as it should be ." He tells me sadly .

"Quit sounding down Uncle Cole . I'm fine ." I smile at him .

I look over to my mother to see her trying her best not to cry . I smile sadly at her and she sends me a small smile of her own .

"I'll have the fluid check right now ." I tell him knowing that's there's nothing much I can do now .

"Doctor Cole , I want to know though . Is it possible for me to go to Paris and Ireland ?" I ask him .

"With medical assistance , yes ." He says as he pushes me on the wheelchair .

"Mom guess what ? We're going to Paris ." I give her a bright smile .

"That's amazing sweets ." She smiles but I can see behind that smile of hers .

It made me wonder if she could see my broken heart behind my smile . I knew that I was going to die hence I put it off for so long because I really didn't want to find out . I knew it but now it became a reality that I wasn't going to make it . We're taken to my usual room and I sit on the bed getting myself prepared for a long two hours . The anesthetic begins working and I'm soon put into a deep sleep .

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this . I didn't know that the hole was too big to be patched up again ." She cries .

"It's fine if you don't want to see me happy ." I say bitterly as I walk to the clean lake .

I walk into the clean lake and I make myself float . There's nothing much I can do now , all I have to do is live in the moment .

"Amelia listen . I'm sorry , I wanted you to live just not for two months . I wanted you to live forever with Zion ." She tells me .

"Well look now , in two months I won't be around and Zion will be heartbroken or better else he'll be cuddled up to a pretty girl while they talk about everything except for me !" I scream and my words echo .

"Amelia , my happiness is your happiness ." She cries .

"No ! You don't get to do that ! This is all your fault , I'm like this because you stuck it in my head that I had to die !" I cry clawing at her arms .

"Amelia stop ! You're only hurting yourself ." She cries harder .

"You're making me leave the love of my life behind . My soulmate behind ." I whisper with the tears streaming down my face .

"I'm truly sorry . This wasn't the plan . The plan was for you to leave Tyler and see the better light which is Zion . We weren't supposed to leave him ." She says

"We ?! You knew that I was dying either way yet you let me thinking otherwise . You knew all along , is this what you want for us ?" I sob in the water .