Chapter 8

Deceived Heart

"Amelia , it's safe . You can have the surgery ." Doctor May says looking at my scans .

"You're not joking right ?" I smile happily .

"No , Em . The hole is just about the right size for us to operate on . There could be a little bit of complications but nothing our surgeons can't handle ." He says taking his blue gloves off .

"Oh my goodness ." My parents say in unison and I smile happily at the good news .

As soon as we leave the hospital I call Tyler to let him know the good news .

"Hey ." He answers after two rings .

"Guess what ?" I ask in excitement .

"What ?" He sounds amused .

"I can have my surgery next month according to Doctor May ." I tell him .

"That's amazing news . Should I come over ?" He asks .

"Yes please , if you're not busy ." I smile at the thought of him being around me .

"I'm on my way ." He says and hangs up .

"Tyler and I are going out ." I let my parents know about my plans .

"All you've been doing this last month is hanging out with Tyler ." My dad sighs .

"Do you not want me to hang out with him ?" I ask curiously .

"No ! It's not that . I guess it came out in the wrong way ." He sighs .

"Okay then do you mind explaining ?" I chuckle making mom laugh .

"Let's go out for lunch , all of us then you and him can go wherever you desire to go ." Dad tells me and I smile giving him a hug .

"Thank you dad ." I smile giving him a big fat kiss on the cheek .

We get into the car driving off to the house . As soon as we arrive we see Tyler's car on the side of the road .

"Let him know what's going on . You can ride with him ." My dad smiles from the front seat .

"Okay dad ." I smile getting out of the car walking to Tyler's amazing car .

"Hey , can I drive ?" I smile shyly at him .

"You know the rules , if you hurt my baby . I hurt you ." He laughs getting out of the car walking to the passenger side of the car .

For the last few weeks Tyler has been teaching me how to drive and well it's been going really well . In all honesty he is a good teacher so I really didn't have anything to worry about because I knew I was in safe hands . We're closer than ever and it seems that every second of everyday I'm with him . He turns on the radio and I follow my dad to wherever we're going .

We park outside of the mall and we get out of the cars walking as if we're a family .

"Your dad kind of scares me ." Tyler laughs .