Chapter 17

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"So where to ?" Tyler asks once we're  in the car .

I get a map ready so that it can direct him to the art studio which is twelve minutes away . We spend our time in the car in silence with the radio playing music in the background . The whole way there I hum to the music that is playing .

"We're here ." Tyler says parking the car .

We both exit the car and he walks over to my side so that we can go in . We walk in and the girl who looks like she's about our age with wild hair doesn't look up .

"Do you have a reservation ?" She asks in a bored tone .

"Tyler Jones ." I say to her .

She looks up and our eyes widen .

"Well if it isn't Amelia Johnson , the girl of my dreams from kindergarten ." She smirks walking around the counter .

"Well if it isn't the girl who followed me around ." I smile .

"I missed you so much ." She cries into my shoulder giving me a very powerful hug .

"I've missed you too Lauren ." I hug her breaking her bones .

"When did you come back ? Why didn't you call ? Are you staying ? How did you get a job here ?" I ask all these questions at once .

"Amelia , breathe ." Tyler says to me . I listen to him taking a deep breath .

"Well who is this sexy piece of meat ?" Lauren chuckles looking at Tyler with her hand extended .

"Tyler meet Lauren , she , Abigail and I were like a trio . No one could separate us ." I smile at the thought .

"It's nice to meet you Tyler ." Lauren shakes his hand .

"Can we have a drink sometime ?" Lauren asks me walking behind the counter .

"Just give me your number then we'll work with when we're both free ." I suggest .

I hand her my phone and she saves her number .

"Your room is room five . Enjoy your session guys ." She smiles at us .

We walk to the fifth room where everything is already set for us . There had been paint ,various paint brushes , plastics , water , cloths and gloves .

"You wanna talk about it ?" He asks as soon as we start painting on different walls .

"For a change nah , what about you ? What was London like ?" I ask him as we begin painting .

"London was really great , but like I've mentioned the weather was awful . I had friends there and well if I'm being honest I wouldn't want to go back ." He says not turning around .

"If you don't mind me asking , why wouldn't you want to go back ?"

"I guess we all grew tired of London , it was amazing but there was so much a person could do . That's why we moved here ." He fills me in .