An Injured Mother

Credit goes to WilmaFireDragon

Mia is sitting and looking out the window where the front door is still waiting impatiently and worrying for her Mama to come home.

It has been a day since Adora left the house to go fight off more bad guys that are scattered around Etheria. Mia sometimes doesn't like that, it makes her feel worried that something bad might happen to her.

Catra is sitting at the dining room table looking through some papers and writing on them with a pen with glasses on. She looks up and sees her daughter still sitting at that window leaving out a sigh.

She's been at that same spot for an hour now and it pains Catra to see her kitten this impatiently worried. She sighs too as she puts everything down and gets out of the chair and walks up to her.

"You're still worried?"

"Mmm-hmm." She hums

"Trust me kitten, Mama is gonna be ok."

"But what if something bad happens to her?"

"No no don't say that. She's strong, remember that ok?"

"Ok."

Catra couldn't think of anything to say to at least cheer her kitten up, but then she suddenly had something pop up to her mind.

"Ya Know, let me tell you something."

"What is it?"

"When I was your age, I was lonely, I had no friends, no parents, but myself and your Mama. She told me a promise that we've held on forever."

"Really? What it is?"

"She told me, you look after me, I look after you. Nothing really bad can happen unless we have each other."

"Mama really said that?"

"Yep. Because of it we've been best friends, lovers, a married couple and then we have you. So don't be worried, I bet you she's gonna come back feeling super happy and ok."

"You know what, you're right." Mia starts feeling a little bit better now.

🔷

It has been only 2 hours as Mia is finally not sitting at the window, instead she's in her room drawing her Mama as She-Ra. She's still feels a little worried, but Catra's monologue does make things a little brighter.

Suddenly Mia's ears starts twitching as she hears the door knob moving.

"That must be Mama!" She rushes out of the house feeling super excited.

Catra is at the dining room table again as she suddenly sees her kitten running through the house super excited.

"Mama's home! Mama's home!"

"See I told you she'll be back. Hold on I'm coming too."

Mia is now in front of the door ready to see her Mama again and as she opens the door to see her, she's sees something that would change everything.

Adora being injured.

Mia gasp in shock as she takes two steps back away.