Mewing At 3AM

A sudden mew sound makes Catra's ear twitch as she stirs awake, sits up and rubs her eyes. Clearly it's their 1 year old kitten.

She turns to her right to look at the alarm clock and it's 3:06am. This doesn't happen as much as the wives were expecting it to be when they first have their first ever child.

They were prepared for an abundance of crying and screaming from their baby in the middle of the night, but it turns out that's not the case.

But what's surprising is that she's mewing instead of crying, which is a blessing.

Catra was so happy that her daughter can do that when she was cradling her about shortly after she was born, it even made her slightly emotional. But what's weird about it now is that she's the only one who's hearing it.

She looks to the left and sees Adora laying and quietly snoring on her stomach and not a single movement or groan coming from her. Either if she's a heavy sleeper or Catra's feline ears can only hear certain things.

She carefully slides out of bed and walks her way to the nursery. The kitten is standing on her crib in her pink footed pajamas grabbing the railings continuously mewing.

"Here I come kitten." Catra said in a hush voice as she opens the door and comes in. The kitten stops mewing when she sees her.

Mia raises her arms up wanting her mother to carry her, and so she did.

"What's wrong? You can't sleep?" She ask her not expecting an answer.

Mia instead makes quiet baby noises as she tries to snuggle onto her mother's warmth.

"I'll take that as a yes." She chuckled. She sits down on the rocking chair at the corner and begins to rock back and forth.

Catra used to be very annoyed with kids, she used to think they are loud and noisy little creatures. But as the years go by while the war is becoming history, she grew some fondness with them. When she and her wife are going to start a family at that time, if gives her an opportunity to show her daughter what a great person and mother she is.

For about a minute and a half to two minutes, the kitten begins to yawn and drift off to sleep. Catra begins to smile as she carefully puts the kitten back onto the hand painted crib and cover her up with the blanket and presses a kiss onto her cheek.

"Goodnight Kitten."

🔷

Season 4 was AMAZING!!!!! This might be the best season so far. Maybe Season 5 could automatically top it tho, but for right now, this is the best.

P.S. I woke up 3 in the morning just to watch this. 😊