Mia's Sick Day

It's now 7:00am as Mia wakes up with a sudden cough. She scratches her head into her hair and starts to get off of bed.

She walks through the hallway and then downstairs and sees her mommy sitting on the dining room table looking through some papers.

"There's my little kitten. How'd you sleep?" Catra said in a cheery mood.

"I slept good, Mommy." Suddenly an ugly cough comes out.

"Ooh, that cough doesn't sound good. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm-I'm fine Mommy." Her voice is clearly a little raspy.

Catra raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, totally." She clears her throat.

"Hmmmm." Catra has a feeling that Mia is lying, so she puts everything down, walk up to her and kneels down to basically check her out.

She checks her pulse, her heartbeat and most importantly, her temperature. The feline mother then puts her entire palm onto her daughter's forehead and she is burning up.

"Oh god, you're burning up. You're sick, you need to stay home from school."

"W-What?!?" Mia said confused.

"Honey you're not gonna go in there and basically contaminate the entire place. You need rest."

"B-But I wanna go to school."

"I know Mia." She picks up the child. "But the most important thing everyone needs is rest, soup and comfort, ok?"

"Ok." The kitten said in sad like tone.

🔷

She takes her back upstairs and into her bedroom and lays her back down and covering her up.

"Ok, let me check your temperature first." She grabs a thermometer from the bathroom and comes back to the room.

She then puts it in her daughter's mouth and waits for 5 seconds to take it out to check the temperature.

"Oh god, 102!? Honey you are definitely sick."

"Why? I've never been sick before."

"Oh trust me, kitten. I've been there. Now I'm gonna go and make some soup for you, Ok?"

"Ok Mommy."

Catra kisses the 6-year-old on the cheek and makes her way to the kitchen.

🔷

15 minutes has passed as Catra comes back into the room with a bowl chicken noodle soup.

"Here you go my sick kitty." She hands her the soup.

"Thank you, Mommy."

"Careful. It's hot."

Mia then takes a sniff at it. "It smells yummy."

"I've always make my food yummy. And while you're at it, I've also got some medicine for you."

"What's medicine? Does it taste good?"

"Ummm..........kinda." She moved her eyes around to try to lie. "Just finish your soup and I'll get it for you."

"Ok."

Catra exits the room while Mia eats her soup.

🔷

3 minutes later, Catra comes back with a bottle of medicine and a spoon. She then sits down the bed in front of her.