Mama Has PTSD

Adora is flying home with Swift Wind after getting off from work after a mission she had fighting off some bad guys.

"Hey, you're ok Adora?" The horse asks. The blonde has been looking quite silent for the passed couple of hours.

"Huh?.......oh....... yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You seem a lot quiet than usual."

"Oh, I was just.......tired and exhausted."

"Aren't we all."

🔷

They continue to fly as they made it to their cabin. Adora then sends her unicorn friend to the barn to rest and serve him some water and apples in the process.

After that, she walks up to the cabin feeling relieved to be home as she opens the front door getting comfortable by hanging her sword and jacket on the wall and taking her boots off.

"Mama you're home!!!!" Mia yelled from the couch excited to see her mom back from work which then startles her.

"Oh Mia, y-you scared me honey."

"Oops sorry."

"No it's ok, I just had a....rough day at work that's all."

"Hey babe." Catra comes in and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"How was your mission?"

"It was.......alright."

"Just another day another dollar?"

"Y-Yeah you can say that."

She now sees Adora staring blankly at the floor thinking about something. "Hey, are you alright?"

"What? Oh...erm...I'm fine why wouldn't I be?"

"You don't seem like yourself."

"Oh It's just been a long day at work. J-just let me go take a shower really quick."

"Ok then, dinner will be ready in 10 minutes."

"Ok."

As Adora walks upstairs to the bathroom to get clean, Catra has a worried look on her face and Mia starts to notice this too.

"What's wrong with Mama?"

"Oh she's just stressed. You finished your homework?"

"Yeah."

"What's 5+5?"

"10"

"Alright good job kitten, now let's get you ready for dinner." She picks her daughter up to kitchen.

🔷

13 minutes later, the family is now eating dinner together with them eating spaghetti and meatballs.

"Mmmm, these are delicious Mommy." Mia said with her mouth full.

"Thanks kitten, but don't talk with your mouth full Ok?"

Catra then looks at her wife on the opposite side as she sees her barely eating and twirling the spaghetti around.

"Babe are you sure you're ok?"

"Catra I told you, I'm fine." Adora raised her voice a little bit.