Lullaby II

It's currently evening in Etheria as the beautiful wives; Adora and Catra are both at home living their normal lives (as usual) as the blonde is cradling their infant daughter Mia on the living room couch and the Magicat is just sitting in the dining room looking through some papers.

Adora feels super relaxed and comfortable while sitting on the super soft and cozy furniture while holding the kitten. She can hear the birds still chirping and wind blowing throughout. It's quiet and peaceful. Mia begins to yawn very loudly and adorably at the same time, which makes Adora awe.

"Awwww. You tired baby?" She ask not expecting an answer in which Mia mews which is kind of a response.

"I'll take that as a yes, let's get you some sleep." She takes her daughter upstairs as Catra turns and sees her wife walking up as she then smiles.

🔷

Adora is now in Mia's baby room as she sets her down in her paint-handed crib. The kitten yawns again which gives a further confirmation that she is sleepy. The next thing to make her fully sleep is to sing her a lullaby. It worked the last time, why not do it again. But while she does it, Catra can hear her wife sing from downstairs.

🎵 Evening is a-falling, so rest your weary head
Don't cry little baby, sleep tight in your bed
The jaquins are a-nestling, way up in the trees
The scent of springtime flowers floating on the breeze
The full moon is a-shining in the sky above
Hush now little darling, bundled up with love 🎵

🔷

As the blonde finishes the song, Mia is fully asleep. She leans forward and kisses her on the forehead. Catra listened to the entire thing as she basically eavesdropped from side of the doorway. She's actually surprised that her wife could sing, like that good. After all these years being together, this is something new to her.

While she's listening, her eyes kept on getting wider and jaws being dropped with absolute surprise. She wonders how long her wife is keeping it a secret, or if she's intended on it or not. Catra quickly moves back downstairs and sits down at the dining room table as Adora walks downstairs.

"Hey Adora, I didn't know you can sing like that."

"Oh uh.....it's nothing, really." She said kinda nervously.

"Nothing? Babe I heard you sing through that entire lullaby and your voice is pure gold. I'm starting to think you can sing a bit better than me."

"Oh I mean I wouldn't say that but......"

"Were you keeping that a secret?"

"What? No. Why would I keep secrets from you?"

"I.....I don't really know. I just thought it was new to hear you sing."

"Wait, up until this point, you've never heard me sing before?" Adora ask.

"Not really."

"Where have you been for the last couple of years?"

"I don't know. Either my ears are waxy or my memory is going bad now."

"Well there's one way to fix your memory. Come here!" Adora charges at Catra to give her noogie.

"Owww!!!! Stop it!!!!"

They eventually start playing around with each other, but very quietly because they don't want to wake the baby up and start crying.