Thunder

5 year old Mia is asleep in her bedroom while having her pink lion plushie wrapped by her arm. It was very quiet at the moment until......BOOM!!!! A thunder came along.

This makes the kitten jolt up and look quite scared as she hides behind her blanket and squeeze her lion tightly for protection. The thunder clashes for the second time as it makes her jump and swift out of bed and exit the room.

"MOMMY MOMMY!!!!!" The kitten screams across the hallway as she quickly enters the master bedroom.

"Huh?! What?!!" Catra wakes up being confused as Mia jumps and climbs onto the bed and immediately hugs her mother crying.

"Woah woah hey hey! Mia what's wrong?" Catra said wrapping her arms around her kitten's back.

"It's the thunder storm Mommy! It's loud and scary!" She cries more onto her mother's chest.

"Oh....I understand. Thunder can be pretty scary. Wanna sleep with me?"

"Mmm-Hmm." She nodded as they lay down and settle themselves by having Catra wrap her arms around her.

"Hey Mommy?"

"Yes kitten?"

"Were you scared of thunder?"

"Well.....believe or not, yes."

"Huh? Really? You get scared?"

"Yeah. Everybody gets scared in their life."

"How do you deal with it?"

"Well....you always need to have someone to help you go through it and overtime, you'll overcome it. Your Mama always help me through things and I'm doing the same thing with you."

"Oh, I never thought of that."

"Yep, we are always here to help and protect you Mia. Because we love you so much." Catra kisses her daughter on the forehead which makes her mew softly.

BOOM!!!!! The thunder clashes once again as the kitten flinches and whimpers as she hides and buried her head onto her mother's chest.

"It's ok kitten shhh, I got you. You're safe."

"Thanks mommy." She said in a shaky voice.

"You're welcome Mia, Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Catra pulls the blanket a little further for more warmth and settles down. Mia now feels a little better now. Even though the thunder and lightning is still happening, she feels safe and protected by her incredible mother.