Don't Cry Mommy

Takes place after Family To The Rescue

Catra jolts awake from her sleep with a cold sweat. She gasps for air as fast as possible as she immediately looks to her right and sees Adora sleeping next to her.

The dream she had was about Shadow Weaver. She never had a dream about her in quite a while after the war for Etheria ended when she supposedly died during that time, but suddenly she magically came back thanks to the Black Garnet.

But the dream she had was a little bit different. Normally, whenever Catra dreams about Shadow Weaver, it would be about her mistreating the living crap of her to the point where it just abuse.

Here however, it's the same concept, but Catra was seeing the abuse........to Mia. Where she was forced to see all the horrible things Shadow Weaver was doing to her. Like torturing her with her dark magic or even threatens her life over something she minorly did something wrong.

And on top of that, she had to hear her kitten screaming and crying in fear and pain, that was enough for her to jolt up awake. She's been having that same dream for about 2 days straight after she and Adora were rescued by her friends and it's driving her crazy.

Catra continues panting as she quietly rushes out of the bed, exits the room and carefully opens Mia's door to avoid a creak noise. She sees her precious 7 year old daughter is cutely asleep with her pink lion plushie that is wrapped around her arms.

She sighs in relief as she puts her hand on her chest to feel her heartbeat. She slowly closes the door and starts letting out tears and cry. She then walk downstairs to the living room to sit on couch and lets all her emotions out.

Mia's ears starts wiggling that causes her to wake up as she hears someone crying. Whoever it is, it sounds like it's coming downstairs. With curiosity, she takes her lion with her and gets out of the bed and walks downstairs to the living room and sees that it's her Mommy that is sitting on the couch.

"Mommy?" Mia said in a worrying hush voice which Catra got a little startled as sees her.

"Mia?" Catra wipes the tears away.

"Honey what are you doing up?"

"I heard you crying. And I don't like to hear my moms cry. It makes me cry too." The kitten starts to tear up too.

"Oooohh sweetie, I didn't mean to wake you, come here."

Mia runs towards her, climbs onto the couch and gives Catra a hug and starts sobbing onto her chest.

"Shhhh it's ok, it's ok. Mommy was just........thinking about something."

"Like what?" She sniffles.

"I-I think it's best not to talk about it."

"Ok. I just don't want nobody to be sad."

"I understand baby, but sometimes we need to let our emotions out once in a while."

"Ok."

Catra continues hugging her kitten for 5 minutes, until it's time for her to go back to bed, because she got school in the morning.

As morning hits, Mia is all dressed up to go to school as her two moms are both eating breakfast, with them eating omelettes. They've been eating for about 15 minutes as Adora sees the school bus coming from the window.

"Oh! There's the bus sweetie." Adora said.

"Ok." Mia puts on her jacket and grabs her backpack and lunchbox and walks to the door with her.

"You have a great day at school honey."

"I will." Mia gives her mama a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Mama."

"Bye sweetheart."

Mia walks out of the house and enters inside the school bus as she waves at her. Adora smiles and waves back as the bus drives away.

Adora enters back into the cabin and begins washing up the dishes. While doing that, she sees her wife still sitting at the kitchen table looking depressed.

"Babe, you alright?"

"Huh? Y-Yeah I-I'm fine." She said in a low tone.

"No you're not, something's wrong."

Catra sighs and begins to talk.

"L-Last night, I-I had another nightmare. It was Mia getting tortured by Shadow Weaver and I was forced to see that. It.......it was awful."

"Catra I-I have no idea." Adora turns the sink off and walks to the kitchen table to sit down in front of her.

"How long have you have the dream?"

"2 days."

"2 days?!? Babe why haven't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to end up in the same situation as before!"

"What do you mean?" Adora raises an eyebrow with confusion.

"The way Shadow Weaver mistreated me lead me to become more like her and I don't want the same thing happen to my precious sweet kitten." Catra then begins stifling her tears.

"Oooh Catra." Adora then starts holding her hands to calm her down.

"It's ok. That's not gonna happen again. I guarantee that Shadow Weaver is completely gone and the Horde is forever a thing of the past."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. Remember, nothing bad can happen unless we have each other. You, me and Mia."

"O-Ok." Catra begins to cheer up just little bit.

Adora slightly gets up and kisses her on the cheek and hugs her.

"Everything's ok. I promise."

"Thank you Adora." Catra clutches herself onto the blonde's embrace.

"Anytime Babe."